forum has just vanished

View previous topic View next topic Go down

forum has just vanished

Post  scamp on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:58 pm

I was out in Tenerife and a disaster happened the forum disappeared off my I pad and mobile phone.when I reached home I was able to get it back on another I pad which I did not take with me.I have come to the conclusion that a site called Topic' it mobile forum app is responsible and has blocked me from going on it.What I like to know does anyone know anything about this app and is it safe to use in order to get back on the forum on my other I pad and phone

scamp

Back to top Go down

Yahoo boo hoo

Post  Boz1964 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Use Search engine Bing...the forum magically reappears.

Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Re: forum has just vanished

Post  Old Sod on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm

To be honest that's a bit too technical for me and I'll leave that to others.

However I'm using my laptop to access the Forum with no problems.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Old Sod wrote:To be honest that's a bit too technical for me and I'll leave that to others.

However I'm using my laptop to access the Forum with no problems.

Yes, same here. #TheOldFashionWay farao

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Boz was correct went on bing and it magically reappeared but not on google

scamp

Back to top Go down

Computer says No.

Post  Boz1964 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 am

Bill Gates , Steve Jobs and Charles Babbage asked me the same question scamp, but I told them I am no computer expert.

I can only assume our 'special relationship' with Google has been downgraded as 'critical'.

Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:12 am

scamp wrote:I was out in Tenerife and a disaster happened the forum disappeared off my I pad and mobile phone.when I reached home  I was able to get it back on another I pad which I did not take with me.I have come to the conclusion that a site called Topic' it mobile forum app is responsible and has blocked me from going on it.What I like to know does anyone know anything about this app and is it safe to use in order to get back on the forum on my other I pad and phone

I should think there more important things at MTFC going on than be concerned about getting on the Forum Shocked

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:17 am

talking of forum i did think initially the forum had disappeared as couldnt find the link on google. As a result i set up a new MTFC forum and managed to get it onto google search on 4th page last i looked.

http://merthyrtownfc.freeforums.net

Looked quite nice with merthyr pitch logo etc but again as this forum is still in existence posters quite understandably have continued here. The only worry of course that traffic will die off if posters cant find it on google. i dont think many people use bing.

However as cliff rightly says in the bigger scheme of things will the club survive is the main issue at the moment
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am

Of course the priority is the survival of the club but what has that got to do being anxious that the forum was not there.My fear was that the worse scenario had happened and all links had closed down for some reason.There are nearly four hundred supporters registered on this forum which through its posting are kept up to date as to what is happening and some live to far away to contribute hands on to help the club but have contributed has we know in other ways financially in the just giving site.The forum does help in its own way in keeping us informed in what is happening and hopefully help in a very small way to its survival

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top