Forum - lively and topical debate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum - lively and topical debate?

Post  fistral10 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:13 am

Does anyone care to remember the Forum as it was a few years ago, where the conversation was actually about football, and regular contributors could be counted by the dozen not on one hand as it frequently is these days. Dial M described it as a "graveyard" in an article in Issue 53, personally I think it's more of a Private Members Club where jolly banter is the order of the day, and you won't get past the concierge unless you're wearing your club tie and rose tinted glasses.

Just look at the events of the past few months, particularly in light of the most recent debacle. I'm certain most fans buy Dial M whether they agree with the views put forward in it or not, but it's interesting to look back at some of the articles from earlier this year. Eloquently written, they highlight the reasons why the Park View is the preferred option for pre and post match drinks, their deep concern over the role of the CEO, the way certain Board members were running the club, and the reasons why two of the group resigned. Some forum contributors have accused the Park View Martyrs of "throwing their dummies out of the pram" and producing "drivel on Twitter and Facebook" in recent days, an interesting observation when you look at the frequent interminably mundane posts appearing on the forum on a regular basis.

Whilst Dial M has used their website and Twitter account to highlight many of the issues at PP, as have other supporters on a regular basis at Owner meetings, Forum posters sit back in their smoking jacket, pipe and scotch at hand, happy that as long as we all pull together and support the Board, in whom they place their total trust, the future could not be brighter.

Fortunately the future will be brighter, but without those who had lost contact with the real fans, slashed the playing budget instead of non football expenditure, and who, after seeing comments from Monday's meeting, still still don't appear to know the level of debt the club has. The events of the last 10 days will ultimately make the club stronger, and hopefully some of the Board members who resigned recently will play a significant part in establishing and being members of the new Board.

Me, I'll still look at the Forum and if I can't get to sleep, there's always a post match report to catch up on. Or maybe not.

fistral10

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum - lively and topical debate?

Post  scamp on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 am

I wonder sometime if this is becoming Pvm forum or mafc forum.The lads who are involved with pvm have no doubt done a magnificent job in recent days.I would like to see them work under the banner of mafc supporters club as such as was in bygone days.There is confusion about what and where pvm represent outside the locality.We have had contributions from far afield and probably could be a lot more if we now worked under the banner merthyr town supporters club etc.This does not stop the lads spending their social time at the park view.There are a lot of supporters who are members of this forum but no longer post here .The more positive postings can be only helpful in the long term

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  MTSC (PVM branch) on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 am

http://dialmformerthyr.blogspot.cz/2017/11/park-view-martyrs-philosophy.html

Here's a link with more info on PVM

Fundraising now at £13.6k so please keep pushing the appeal via any avenue possible

MTSC (PVM branch)

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 pm

The issue now is not where you drink or what you're abbreviation means the issue is keeping the club afloat,
this is a mammoth task and its is going to take us all to pull together, on Saturday there will be someone taking names for volunteers, so let's get names to help club back on the road to recovery

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Sadly forums are becoming a thing of the past with twitter and Facebook overtaking proceedings. For example the Southern League forum migrated to Facebook and has thousands of active users where the forum had died a death. Forza Martyrs to some degree has become the main hub on Facebook for MTFC fans. Thankfully we still have a user base who post on forum even if its not as active as days gone by
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top