Statement from the Gaffer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Statement from the Gaffer

Post  Nubs on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 am

Taken from the Club Website:-

Last night members of the board met with the players to discuss the clubs’ situation.

After the meeting manager Gavin Williams met with the players individually.

“80% of the players have had to leave, but I am still in discussion with some players about staying.  I am confident we will be able to field a competitive team, but it will take a bit of time.”

“I want to thank the players who have left for their contributions. The commitment and dedication every single player at the club has shown has been first class and they have been very understanding of the situation I have found myself in and acted brilliantly. The boys are gutted for each other, the management team and especially the supporters.”

“It’s a tricky situation we have found ourselves in, but we need to pull together now.  We always have great support and we are going to need that now more than ever, which I am very confident will happen after speaking to some of the supporters.  We need to create an us against the world mentality.”

“I know supporters are going to want to know as soon as possible what the make-up of the squad is going to be, but I don’t want to release bits and pieces here and there so please bear with me while I continue to work at it.  I have been encouraged by the early talks I have had with a number of players and will announce more as soon as I can.”

“Thanks for your patience continued support.”

Gav.
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Re: Statement from the Gaffer

Post  douggolfer on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:40 am

Thank you Gavin, you should not have to explain the situation you and all the playing staff did nothing to create the situation, we have nothing but admiration for you guys
The backing of support6will always be there, I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank all playing staff
past and present .

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:15 am

It is good to hear the wheels are still turning at the club and we have not gone entirely bust as reported on twitter etc.I have been in a similar position in years gone by where we had to cut wages etc and believe me it is not an easy task.we as supporters must thank the players who decide to stay for their unbelievable loyalty to the club something we will not forget.I do not know the background of all this but it has not been easy for the present board to do this and if everybody threw the towel in like some seem to have remember there would be no club to support.One consolation also in a bad state of affairs only one team gets relagated so when the league is reorganised travelling should be a lot easier financially .Now is the time to sort ourselves out not six months down the road when it might be to late.One thing let hope the so called park wiew maryrs finally stop throwing their dummies out of the pram and get behind the board like gavin and the players who are staying and get behind the task of keeping us alive

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 am

scamp wrote: ..let's hope the so called Park View Martyrs finally stop throwing their dummies out of the pram and get behind the board like gavin and the players who are staying and get behind the task of keeping us alive

Hear, hear.  

It's easy enough to sit in the pub down the road and complain and criticise and produce drivel on Twitter and Facebook, but another thing to actually DO something.

I spent seven years trying to get through to people in the programme about this, so I'm going to resist saying any more on the subject (who said hooray??). I may no longer be a supporter of the club as such but I'm still a Member.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 am

All the best Gavin and whichever squad you take to Chesham,give it 100% we cannot ask no more.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Let me just take a moment to explain to you about the people who you tag as sitting in a pub and producing dribble!!
most have supported the club through times when we had to make a collection on Friday nights in strickers to help to pay team wages on a Saturday, who have seen the club go through this situation four times when the clubs owners deciding to pull the plug, it was the dribblers who never turned away but every time put their hands in their pockets and handed over cash to keep the club running,it was down to two of those dribblers that we were able to receive the states of a fan owned club, it was down to one of the dribblers to have welsh teams playing International games at the park, it is still down to one of the dribblers to organise away busses,who never misses a away or home game, PMV came about because the board no longer wanted fans who had a point of view an less it agreed with the board, The then CEO only wanted yes man,didn't want volunteers he only wanted paid staff purely because he could control employees, just look at how meany staff left during his rain, there are supporters there who have been with the club since childhood,some have been with the club since Mal Davis built the original club that strickers stood on
do you think it was easy for those guys to spend money elsewhere, do you think it was easy for them to not be at the club for 12.30 on a Saturday as they have been doing for most of their lives, do you think it was easy not enjoying the crack with the players after a good win or loss in the club, will let me answer that it bloody well was not.
When we became a fan base run club I though we've cracked it no more looking over our shoulders wondering if we could pay the next bill, how wrong we were, this situation as not come about because of dribbling funs,it as not come about because of the playing staff !! It as come about because the board did not have their finger on the pulse
the waring was show three months ago by the council audit showing we were not covering future payments,
certain members of the board resigned months ago because they highlighted the problems, no one listened,
I'll finish my dribble by promising you those guys you so rudely label will again put their hands in their pockets, they will put plans in place for fund raising and they will travel to every away and home game, that is what you call a martyr

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:12 pm

douggolfer wrote:Let me just take a moment to explain to you about the people who you tag as sitting in a pub and producing dribble!!
most have supported the club through times when we had to make a collection on Friday nights in strickers to help to pay team wages on a Saturday, who have seen the club go through this situation four times when the clubs owners deciding to pull the plug, it was the dribblers who never turned away but every time put their hands in their pockets and handed over cash to keep the club running,it was down to two of those dribblers that we were able to receive the states of a fan owned club, it was down to one of the dribblers to have welsh teams playing International games at the park, it is still down to one of the dribblers to organise away busses,who never misses a away or home game, PMV came about because the board no longer wanted fans who had a point of view an less it agreed with the board, The then CEO only wanted yes man,didn't want volunteers he only wanted paid staff purely because he could control employees, just look at how meany staff left during his rain, there are supporters there who have been with the club since childhood,some have been with the club since Mal Davis built the original club that strickers stood on
do you think it was easy for those guys to spend money elsewhere, do you think it was easy for them to not be at the club for 12.30 on a Saturday as they have been doing for most of their lives, do you think it was easy not enjoying the crack with the players after a good win or loss in the club, will let me answer that it bloody well was not.
When we became a fan base run club I though we've cracked it no more looking over our shoulders wondering if we could pay the next bill, how wrong we were,  this situation as not come about because of dribbling funs,it as not come about because of the playing staff !! It as come about because the board did not have their finger on the pulse
the waring was show three months ago by the council audit showing we were not covering future payments,
certain members of the board resigned months ago because they highlighted the problems, no one listened,
I'll finish my dribble by promising you those guys you so rudely label will again put their hands in their pockets, they will put plans in place for fund raising and they will travel to every away and home game, that is what you call a martyr

This is 100% accurate and couldn't agree more, well said

Last edited by MartyrMann on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:47 am

Well said Doug.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:54 am

Indeed Doug. I'm also one.

You standing for election to the Board?
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 am

Let's c what Monday brings, we need full story
before any of us can make decisions, I'm very concerned
of what we'll find!!!, this is why I feel this meeting should be for owners only, I believe the constitution states only owners are privie to board matters

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 am

Well said Doug. Lack of Financial Control has put us in this mess. Hopefully it's not too late to remedy the situation. What's important now is that together the supporters find a solution to the problem and we all pull together to help put matters right going forward. A little bit of Hurt for the remainder of the season is a small price to pay if it means we stabilise the Club and have a platform to ensure the Club is stronger as a result.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top