Resignation

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Resignation

Post  mandrake on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Rich Bennett is the guy to lead this club. 100% Merthyr.
mandrake

Back to top Go down

RE:RESIGNATION

Post  bluebird on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:02 am

Agree 100% on Rich........

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacks1977 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:44 am

Let's get him in. And let's sort out the rats who destroy our club.

Jacks1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:58 am

Right - first a #spoileralert - I deal with tragedy through black humour - so the following is entirely serious combined with tongue in cheek. So you have been warned - if easily offended don't read on (its tosh anyway).

Firstly, Benni is a great fella and 100% Merthyr (despite being born across the bridge!). However, I believe he already has a day job (no comment on his work ethic!). Further, and while I love him to bits - what experience does he have in terms of running/chairing a club? Appreciate he was a Board member, however until recently the Board (as I understand it) appointed a COO for the day-to-day running of "the business" (ie. the club). As I'm sure we are aware, this is a very common model in business. For the record, I make no comment on the COO and his effectiveness or otherwise, as I have no knowledge. All I'm pointing out is its a common business model - COO (or Chief Exec) manages the business; Board direct (ie oversee, strategy, etc).

Turning to the Board and Board members (current and previous) - what I would say is those I know are equally 100% passionate MTFC fans. Many of them with many millennia supporting the club! For those of us with memories, I recall the Holloways, Caparros'es, etc. Not sure they had the clubs best interest at heart. Not to say the Board appear blameless in this debacle - however (not being a Sun or Daily Mail reader) I prefer to hear the facts before jumping to conclusions.

For those of us who run our own business, we know the time you have to spend dealing with all the legal requirements (especially that pesky Taxman) and other red tape bureaucracy - its a full-time job before you get chance to actually do some work to earn an honest crust. For the record - this most certainly is not a subliminal attempt to put myself forward - not got the time, and - nor would I expect - has anyone who is trying to hold down a full-time job.

Finally, all that said I don't align myself with any "faction" other than that of a supporter or fan - Board, PVM or any other group. Like to think I have friends in all groups. What I would say is I personally find the whole thing divisive, and some of the personal attacks by the keyboard warriors at best distasteful and unnecessary, and at worse bordering on libel or slander (depending on whether you consider some of the Board to be living or, erm, living dead). I'd also add that I sincerely hope those leading those unnecessary verbal insults put themselves - and take - prominent Board positions for whatever newly constructed constitution the Club ends up with - and they pray to God that nothing like this happens during their tenure, and they are similarly subjected to the same assaults. Y'know, sometimes what goes around comes around.

Sermon over - now lets get behind the club.

Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

RE-RESIGNATION

Post  bluebird on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:01 am

Did the people on the board (chaired) have previous experience ??...Made a right hash of it then !!!!.......Let's get people in who have the club at heart like R.B. & remove the Dracula's out of the Bloodbanks !!!!!!!!!!!

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 am

I have to agree with Solihull it is fine for people to egg on others to run the club.But say in this case Richard Bennett .I know very little about him only he has done good work for the club.But has any one considered he might have a family or a life outside football he has to pay attention with.His he in full time employment etc if he fits all this I say to Richard or anyone else and from someone who has been there think carefully about any decision you make.My opinion to lead the club you need to be hands on turning up after work etc will not work.J reddy who I was not a fan of was able to play a successful role in a way because he was available 24/7 .Someone in my opinion needs to be retired semi retired or has a business which can run on it own and can be at the ground at the click of a finger

scamp

Back to top Go down

RE-RESIGNATION

Post  bluebird on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:00 am

I agree what both Scamp & Soli are saying but I was just making a point that after what is happening (again) someone with the club at heart & obviously the time would probably be best suited to get us back on track !!

Someone like RB was my point !!!

#letsallpulltogether

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am

It takes quite a lot of your time as we both know scamp,but it looks like having someone full time is not always the answer .We have had a full time c.e.o on good wages apparently and now look at the mess we are in.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top