Resignation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resignation

Post  cliffyboy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Merthyr Town Vice Chairman Anthony Hughes has stood down with immediate effect.

He has also stood down from the board of Merthyr Town FC. Surprised

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Re: Resignation

Post  douggolfer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:43 pm

That is a big shock, any info on reason ??

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 am

From what I am led to believe Anthony will be a major loss to the board, so for that reason alone we will all be sad to lose his expertise and the selfless effort he had put in. WHAT IS GOING ON? There have been a number of board members leaving recently and no real explanation as to why they are unable to work with the present regime? The board is the foundation of the club, the club will go nowhere without a stable platform, so for goodness sake sort it out guys.

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:48 am

Sad to see Anthony go and until we know the reason for his leaving I will say no more. Sad
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 am

Meurig also informed owners at the last meeting that he has decided to step down as Chairman.  

"Progress thro Stability"!   Hardly that at the moment!  

IMO Members need to be given a full account of what is going on from both a Financial and Administrative position as quickly as possible to help remedy any concerns we have going forward.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 am

Twyn Jasper wrote:   There have been a number of board members leaving recently and no real explanation as to why

Mike Williams resigned from the Board in September and reasons were clearly given on the club website:

http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/board-statement-120917/

David Pittham resigned in August and reasons were given in an email to Members on 30.8.17.

As for myself, I set out reasons at inordinate and boring length on here in May:

http://mtfcforum.team-talk.net/t3828-board-resignation

So plenty of explanations.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am

Today Rob Parker has resigned. Something is obviously wrong behind the scenes in Wolvesy, Rich Bennett, Anthony and Rob we have lost massive know how And knowledge. The club outwardly on social media is being looked at internally there are problems. I think the constitution and trust module need an overhaul and try to repair the damage. It’s worrying times
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Well, it's on the club website now:

http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/board-statement/

So next Monday night will be the opportunity to find out what it's all about - and isn't the AGM due at the end of the month?
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Is it true the players have been asked to take a wage cut,or as the rumour machine gone in to action again.??????

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Not good on twitter tonight appears that first squad have been not paid, or released. Possibly gone? hard to make out whats happening. But its not good and very damaging to the club this evening.
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 pm

im going down club in morring to get answers if this is true
the board should have called the meeing early to inform
owners oft he situation, to remove players while otherbparts of the club are still paying full wages is unforgivable

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 pm

[quote="douggolfer"]im going down club in morring to get answers if this is true
the board should have called the meeing early  to inform
owners oft he situation, to remove players while otherbparts of the club are still paying full wages is unforgivable
[/quot

Looks an utter mess mate. Not sure if youth team will face Chesham United.
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:40 pm

yes problem is the people who caused it have no morials
this is a football club these people have let the town down
should be discusted with themselves. if it is true regarding the
players then certin board membets should neaver hold theyer
head up in merthyr again

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:10 pm

I went up there yesterday morning to purchase a ticket for the Hereford match for a friend and also found even though having a season ticket had to have one myself which I did not have to pay for.anyway I walked around trying to find the office to purchase the ticket.i went into Romans’ no one there I walked into webly bar no one in sight could have walked out with a couple of tellys I suppose but were to heavy to carry proceeded outside and my luck was in there were to large bunches of keys on the window ledge outside of Romans’ good I thought the keys of the safe must be there but alas a young lad arrived from the pitch area who I pointed out the keys to but is answer was my father always leave them there.oh well perhaps I try again.the young lad directed me to a desk on the landing alongside the sponser lounges which I assume is the main office.any stranger wanting tickets would not have any chance of finding it not even with a sat nav .Very upset to see Anthony step down. but be realistic we coming into December no cup runs weeks without any home fixtures. We must be financially struggling and with the manager on a two year contract which needs explaining

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm

what needs explaining is it was only a few months ago the council highlitghted the short fall in money
at the club its unbelievable the board have not explained the situation was so bad, thay take all the glory when all was going well but were not man enough to show the failings they created, and ti sack 1st team players shows thay dont have the club at heart , we have misinformed regarding the plight of the club, Monday is not soon enough for this meeting it should have been called before the heart was ripped out of the club by the people we entrusted the club to

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:54 am

When you receive a Grant (which is a Liability on the Balance sheet) of the magnitude we have received Finances should have been monitored WEEKLY to ensure we did not get into a Financial mess and to help us take immediate measures to correct any overspends this appears not to have happened, if it had, we would not be in this mess. The Board have let everyone down, to call a meeting now that we are in this situation is quite frankly appalling and I now really fear for our future but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and it's not to late to remedy the situation, but big changes are needed going forward if we are to survive.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:02 am

There as been a lot of posts on this forum regarding the club and the feeling not being right,people were told not to be negative etc.looks like their concern were correct and maybe just maybe if people had taken more notice the current situation would not be quite so serious.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Situation Vacant?

Post  Boz1964 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Stand up all you persons that have experience in managing a non- league football club?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Once again our football Club teeters on the brink of oblivion and what has caused it?

Financial Mismanagement?

Lack of Home Games in October?

Losing at the first hurdle of all cup competitions this season?

Fans encouraging people not to use the newly refurbished facilities?

Too many illegimate people in Merthyr not getting married anymore?

Or simple supply and demand?

The blame list can go on and on and does no real good....unless any change is for the better.

I am disgusted that some of the people who helped save the Club in the last 2009 crisis have gone from 'saviours' to 'clowns' in less than a social media decade.

I am merely a fan....I do not side with either the current Board nor with the Park View Martyrs - I don't care about personalities or 'regimes'....I just want our Club to survive and play football on a viable economic level.

Surely, telling people 'I told you so' after the Club goes the way of the dodo- isn't the answer.

And to be fair I can see how such 'them and us' situation has arisen in view of the Council 'parachuting' their own man into position- as they wanted someone with 'financial acumen' to lead the Club out of adversity by way of job creation under the flag of 'Community Regeneration'...but was their choice of personality the big mistake?

We wouldn't have the pitch or the facilities we are blessed with without it.

Sadly their choice of candidate with a marmite personality has enraged a lot of true supporters who have a real football culture with the rebellious spirit this great town is built on.

But our former 'saviours' and these true 'Martyrs to the Cause' need to reach a compromise and if it takes a bloody sacrifice on the dart board of the Park View to achieve it then I am all for it.

I am sure it will a real blessing for those volunteers and equally importantly their long-suffering spouses- when their heads are finally guillotined from the Board.

I just hope - and this is completely sincere- that some new Shining Knight Templars come to rescue Martyr Tydfil- the footballing damsel in distress- once more.

I will watch the horizon and await their 'fanfare' with baited breath.

Until then I will continue to support Merthyr Football Club even if that new Saviour is named in the Paradise Papers.

What other choice do you have if you want subsidised local football at Penydarren Park?

Boz

Last edited by Boz1964 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fury)
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Communication shambles

Post  CF34martyr on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm absolutely gutted to see us in this financial meltdown once again,Have we learned nothing from the mistakes of the past? This is absolutely sickening news
Another huge disappointment is the lack of clarity on the players situation.Surely by now there should have been a post about who's remaining and who's left the club.
It comes to something when you have to log onto Bulls News in order to find out any information on our own club's predicament.Elliot Richards has already signed for them,and no doubt they'll be seeing who else they can pick up on the cheap due to our self inflicted wounds.
This shambles should never have been allowed to happen,but as the majority of the posters on here have intimated,I like them,will remain loyal regardless. Thank god we've sufficient points already to makes sure we won't make the drop,that's if we can still provide a team to complete the rest of our fixtures!!! Embarassed

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Whichever way you dress it up the board have failed the players and the supporters by not keeping an eye on the finances. In regards to the PVM they are passionate supporters and already have plans for fundraising some great talent there with expertise with Mr Bennett and Wolvesy to name a few. The warning signs were not listened to and the inevitable has happened. We all want wants best for the club and I will be at Chesham supporting whoever pulls on the shirt, But for this to happen again at the club on a trust module shows catastrophic failings of ineptitude.
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm

I have always made it clear that the board had done a tremendous job for this football club but it seems to me that these major financial issues has come a surprise to nearly all of the board members, hence why we have seen the departures this week.

I have mentioned on numerous occasions that it seems as though the playing budget has been a major issue with the drastic increase over the last few years. I'd like to use the phrase "Sprint before you can crawl". There are other factors to think about as well like the recent increase in staff, which from what I can see, wasn't needed, especially after the redundancy of the CEO. That doesn't make much sense to me. Of course you still need some staff base there to keep things going but probably not the amount we have currently. In fact I feel sorry for the playing staff and the genuine non-playing staff that have been left in limbo after some catastrophic errors out of their control.

The person, or the people who are responsible for these failings has to step down. I can't make the meeting on Monday but I hope that once the explanations come out, the rebuilding can begin again. The arguing has to stop and now everyone will have to work together and help in whatever way they can.

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 am

TOGETHER STRONGER.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Heavyweight Divisions

Post  Boz1964 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 am

Absolutely Ownes.

Like the Conjoined Twins said to the organisers of the Olympic Weightlifting Contest.

Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 am

You and me both Boz.
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacks1977 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:02 am

Something ain't. Seriously right at Merthyr town fc. They get ok good gates for the last couple Of seasons which I can see and lots of help of sponsors with outside businesses. It's no no way they should be in this mess. I don't think the players earn much anyway. So total mess. I think local will players will play for nothing for Gavin as they love the club . That's the way it should b my opinion!. Intill things get sorted . Need to stop doing weddings and dinners and run the club properly. Otherwise there will be no Merthyr town fc. Someone needs to investigate what these ex board members done with money.

Jacks1977

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top