Kettering v MERTHYR

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kettering v MERTHYR

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:23 am

Touray hasn't had any service at all to be fair to him but fingers crossed we can get a goal back

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:35 am

4-0 80minutes. All to easy.
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 am

5-0 shocking day

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 am

5-0 81mins. Words fail...
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:41 am

5-0 down WTF is going on

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:42 am

Kettering fans can't believe this is Merthyr,Kettering expected a very tight game not this.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 am

The shocking stat is that Kettering could have been at least 9-0 that's how poor Merthyr are.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:48 am

I think after this display the management need to take a good hard look at themselves

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 am

Not surprised, we have a few players who started today who are not good enough for this level, IMO the last couple of results have flattered us, that said we do not have the finances to get better players to enable us to compete effectively at this level! best we can do is get behind Gav & the Team and hope for better times ahead.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:51 am

Ft lost 5 nil. Bad day at the office
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:56 am

How is Matthew doing with is fitness,he is better than some of these I am sure.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:29 am

It's just been a mediocre season so far,if there's no money to improve playing budget then we stagnate,if we stagnate then we don't get results and if no results then supporters stay away.what are we left with??

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:03 am

rustic wrote:How is Matthew doing with is fitness,he is better than some of these I am sure.

A fully fit Matthew is better than any of our current midfield players IMO, so are ex players Ryan Newman and Kris Leek shame we can't lure them back to the club

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:11 am

At the moment sadly the lack of firepower is a real worry. Fleetwood needs to improve once back from suspension and we need a fit Ryan Prosser who is someway off at the moment. Sadly leading the line today was Mo. A good player but 17 and ultimately an academy player learning his trade against seasoned veterans in the SPL. We are in for tough times with Board overspend and the playing budget to be reduced next season. As supporters all we can do is back the lads Tuesday in what will be a tough encounter. Sound like Jarrad played off form today but in fairness he has been superb for most of the season so far.
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 am

I think maybe something for the club to look into is the filming of games as pay per view could be another avenue for money.
I would love to see leek and Newman here,I'm sure leek is playing for goitre I've heard.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:28 am

I'll keep it short (hint: OS!) as I'm at a 50th birthday party tonight. And, boy, do I need a drink after that.

Barneyboy I feel is a little harsh singling out Jared today, but IMHO is spot-on in terms of other points. The odd thing with the Poppies is there was no stand-out player (although the 4 was good), however they were hugely effective as a team. That may sound critical but its not intended to be. I don't know if it was their gameplan or formation, or we simply didn't turn up... In some ways 5 was harsh, however in others it could have been double figures.

And I presume the "statement" of playing McDonald upfront for a good part of the game was indeed that - a statement. To a number of parties...

And, as one wise old sage who is a real Martyrs trouper commented - its been a fair time since we were on the back of a thumping.

Anyhow, over to OS and his dickyhead for the blow-by-blow account and analysis.

And well done to the decent number of travellers - safe home y'all.

Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 am

Solihull in someways yeah maybe I was harsh singling out Jared maybe because I know how well he can play.today was a very poor display by everyone but in someways there wasn't any game plan or things weren't changed when we were 2 or 3 goals down.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Time to wake up and smell the poppies

Post  Boz1964 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 am

We all occasionally have a bad day at the office- Ricky Gervais more than most- but it is only three points dropped.

Listening to the Poppies Commentators, the pedigree of their players were loanees from Nottingham Forest, Mansfield Town and other League Clubs in that area- so to put the result into context- we were up against it anyway.

Excuses- I know but the first half before that second goal we were pretty much even Stevens with them till that Matthew Stevens flick deceived Oliver Davies.

After that we collapsed spectacularly - a feature we have not seen this season before.

We were in all honesty second best all over the pitch in the second half but the most worrying thing was that we didn't force their massive keeper into one single save.

Up front is the concern- strikers are there for one reason and that is to score goals and at the moment that is the priority.

That said and done- such horror shows usually produce a reaction and let's hope that on Tuesday Night against Slough that these young set of players remember this humiliating experience and learn from it and emerge from the tunnel on Tuesday night wiser after this lesson.

Kettering weren't that much better than us first half and the pitch surface and windy conditions didn't help our cause either.

It was one of those faecal days when the Midas touch turns off colour.

Ask Theresa May she gets them too.

Boz

Last edited by Boz1964 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The letters kept dropping off the keyboard)
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:53 am

Solihull Martyr wrote:
And, as one wise old sage who is a real Martyrs trouper commented - its been a fair time since we were on the back of a thumping.

Although not fitting either part of that description, as far as I can see 5-0 is a record defeat for the new Merthyr Town and the last time 5 goals were conceded was in a 5-2 loss away to Paulton Rovers in September 2014.

It's the heaviest defeat for a Martyrs side since losing 7-0 away at Stevenage Borough in an FA Trophy match in December 2006.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 am

BoZ hit the nail on the head when he said about our strikers,we just don't have a good one at all,how do we remedy this issue with Fleetwood being brought in specifically as our striker,touray to be fair today had no service at all unless he went for the ball himself.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:15 am

Has our playing budget been cut or has it remained the same as last season? One supporter in Webley's said it has remained the same but I know not to take such things seriously.

On the loose assumption that it is true, then it is a little disappointing that we haven't been able to attract players of a similar standard to the ones that we lost in the Summer. I'm always Mr positive but if the playing budget has remained the same and we have been able to give our manager a full time contract, then it doesn't quite seem to add up.

On the positive side, we're not far from the play-offs and we have picked up some good wins recently. If there has been a playing budget cut then this is what we should expect. If there hasn't been a cut then we need to good run of form to get us back on track.

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:57 am

The thing for me is that I don't think it's the players I think the issues stem from management rather than the players.
Some of the scores so far have been flattering on our part,theres also some genuine issues with players in fighting with a few players swearing at each other during a game which shouldn't be happening at all and should be dealt with by management.
Also with Fleetwood colourful past and issues with previous clubs why do we take him on and pay the so called amount in wages he's getting?
Why wasn't josh bull given more of an opportunity last season then let go?
As for playing budget I heard it has increased slightly this season but who knows.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 am

I haven't been able to attend as many games this season due to family commitments but the ones that I've seen so far indicate that we have made a step backwards. That's understandable if the playing budget has decreased but if it has gone up 'If what you have heard is true' then I do agree with you that it's a management issue. This is hardly a crisis but I'll admit I'd be a little shocked if the budget has increased from last season. Plenty of time to turn things around though.

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:57 am

Mr Men 1969 wrote:I haven't been able to attend as many games this season due to family commitments but the ones  that I've seen so far indicate that we have made a step backwards. That's understandable if the playing budget has decreased but if it has gone up 'If what you have heard is true' then I do agree with you that it's a management issue. This is hardly a crisis but I'll admit I'd be a little shocked if the budget has increased from last season. Plenty of time to turn things around though.

I understand the playing budget is up 5% on last season and the money is there to fund the squad this season but next season will be reduced again as savings needed as per recent meeting at the club to channel into the relay of the pitch etc etc
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 am

The first thing I hope for at the start of any season is that we get enough points so we are not relagated.a play off place is a bonus but to be realistic we cannot afford in our present predicament to go up.with only one club being relagated this season I believe we do not need to overspend on our budget this season.perhaps this season is now the time to throw in some players to try out. With the future in mind..by keeping a careful eye on our points tally this is the season to experiment perhaps

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top