Supporters Meeting

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Less support than a Supporters Truss

Post  Boz1964 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 am

Well to hear the dire state of the finances is worrying but what can we fans do to help with the 'deficit'.

Well if you are in a fortunate position to have more income than expenditure you could :-

1. Buy a programme on the way in.

2. You could buy a 50/50 half time ticket.

3. Buy coffee/ tea or beer pre-match halftime and or full time.

4. Buy a soccalot or two .

5. Buy chips/ rolls or confectionary.

6. Attend functions put on the Club that are fundraisers.

7.Encourage family and friends to use it for Weddings, Funerals and Social Occasions.

8. Or arrange a friendly against Neymar....we would give him two goals start....

But most of all support the club by promoting it and not criticising it or its volunteers, staff or players whilst at the same time not doing your bit.

Life is all about choices....do you want Non- League football in Merthyr or the bulldozer and tumbleweed.

Besides it is less money to 'donate' to the Government in Nursing Care Fees.

If we all do our bit the deficit will soon come down.

Remember that next time you walk passed a volunteer.

Boz

Last edited by Boz1964 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Erratum slips)
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporters Meeting

Post  cliffyboy on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:45 pm

scamp wrote:Which will cost you  £ 1.50   Mad Mad

In comparison to the Sunday publications it's cheap and excellent value. The WOS is currently £1.60 they usually have a report in there of the Martyrs games but usually get the names of our players wrong too !! Rolling Eyes

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:05 pm

I attended Thursday's meeting. I think the financial position is pretty frustrating considering our motto is "Progress Through Stability".

From the moment that 3G pitch was laid, every board member since that date is accountable in my personal opinion but I don't think that will be a shared by others.

We can all have a good moan and say "They should have done this, they should have done that" but in the end if you do feel that you could do a better job? Now is the time to sign up.

It doesn't seem like we are in major financial problems but we could have been if actions weren't made. This division is probably our level on and off the pitch at the moment and I think we need to accept this build towards the future.

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Simple fact is running a business is very hard and we all have gripes about this and that but at the end of the day there doesn't seem to many people wanting to come forward to help out for whatever their reasons,I run a very successful business myself and know how difficult it can be,am I thankful for the job that's being done by others.could things be done better probably probably not,it's a learning curb for everyone and I doubt any board members have run a club before.
All I'm saying is thank you for the fact that on sat and tues I get to watch the town I love play football because not that long ago we were on brink of collapse and those hundreds of supporters would have had to have found something else to do.
Let's just hope the ship can be steadied through the murky waters to safety and just remember 1 thing that if you have a good team on the field then supporters will come,without and the club will not survive financially.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:14 am

Very good posts regarding the meeting and yes it is the time for calm and stability,having been a former fund raiser and and having more than a close association with the club unfortunately due to personal circumstances the only way I can contribute is to buy my season ticket,car park pass, soccalot,fifty fifty etc.so my thanks to Boz and the many other volunteers who give their time to help the club.Oliver Davies back great news.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top