Forza Martyrs exclusive Will Fuller Cardiff Met goalkeeper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forza Martyrs exclusive Will Fuller Cardiff Met goalkeeper

Post  therovingsheep on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:50 am

Ahead of this weekend clash at Cyncoed we caught up with Will Fuller to see how the Archers are faring pre season and how they are looking forward to the fixture.

FORZA: How are the Met shaping up so far and was the Newport game a let down given the side they fielded?

WF: Preseason has been really positive for us so far, this is our fourth game and we’re looking to build momentum session by session and game by game until we kick off against Cefn Druids on the 12th of August. Last weekend’s game against Newport was a real disappointment, I know they’ve spoken about not risking players on a 3G surface in fixtures against ourselves, Barry and Merthyr but without being disrespectful to the side Newport put out it wasn’t really the test we wanted at this point in preseason.

FORZA: Last Season the Martyrs emerged victorious, how did you see the standard compared to the WPL, is it on a par or higher in your opinion and are you looking forward to the game this weekend?

WF: Last year was a great fixture, I think we all enjoyed visiting Penydarren park and got a lot out of the game. The standard was very high and I think Merthyr would fit in well in the Welsh Prem with their ability and style of play. It’s always hard to compare leagues across but I’d guess looking at last year’s league position that you’d handle yourselves well and be in the top six of the split. It will be a tough test and for that reason the Merthyr game is probably the one I’ve been most looking forward to.

FORZA: A fantastic season for the archers last season did you think you surprised some teams with your style of play and with the new additions this summer what realistic aims are at the club for next summer?

WF: Last season was good but not quite good enough! We spoke about the desire to cement our position in the league and finishing in the top six was one way of doing that, to come so close to Europa League qualification will be a real motivating factor this season and the aim has to be to go better and improve on last year by qualifying. We know it will be tough, we’ve lost the element of surprise, but we’ve improved individually and as a collective and hopefully we’ll be able to get off to a better start this year and kick on from there.

FORZA: You’re slowly building a fanbase at the MET which is great to see how much of improvement off the field has it been with the Met Ultras?

WF: It’s nice that people are starting to take an interest in us and we’d definitely like to see more coming out. I think Merthyr have shown how important it is to get the community behind the team and if we could do something similar that would be great. The difference is huge already though, back in our Division 3 days we’d be lucky to get one man and his dog so to have The Ultras and a fair few locals coming as well as the regulars like Matt James who might be known to a few Merthyr fans, not just coming to home and away games but also now getting involved in the running of the club is great and all the boys really appreciate it.

FORZA: There should be some great attacking play this weekend with both teams liking to get the ball down and play football how do you see things panning out this weekend?

WF: Well I hope we win for a start! I know preseason results don’t count for much but it’s good to get into the habit of winning. As you say I’d expect the ball to spend most of the time on the deck with both teams looking to move it well and attack when possible. Whatever happens I’m looking for the quality to be high and both sides take a step closer to match sharpness ahead of the new season.

Thank you Will for your time and we hope to catch you for a pint after the game.
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Re: Forza Martyrs exclusive Will Fuller Cardiff Met goalkeeper

Post  bazza on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Not sure where we are keeper wise but we should be on to the likes of Will Fuller as he is a quality keeper

bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:56 pm

bazza wrote:Not sure where we are keeper wise but we should be on to the likes of Will Fuller as he is a quality keeper

fully agree he is a class act and would be superb addition to the Martyrs. Very Happy
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top