Newport County Preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newport County Preview

Post  therovingsheep on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:01 am

Next up for the Martyrs its League Two opposition in the form of Newport County in a pay what you want fixture.

http://wp.me/p8UM5m-4
avatar
therovingsheep

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Planet Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  douggolfer on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 am

Interesting what team Newport field on Wednesday as they are playing Chippingham
On Tuesday??

douggolfer

Posts : 534
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  therovingsheep on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:54 am

douggolfer wrote:Interesting what team Newport field on Wednesday as they are playing Chippingham
On Tuesday??

Be interesting who starts for them they had 3 trial lads starting away at Supermarine on Saturday. Id imagine be a mix of academy lads and some first team
avatar
therovingsheep

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Planet Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 am

Personally I don't care who the opposition put out for all I care it can be dads army,our concern should be who We put out and do with have a goalie or enough players to field a full team.start of season is fast approaching and we ain't been in such a bad state in years when come to our squad.

Barneyboy

Posts : 100
Join date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  therovingsheep on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 am

Barneyboy wrote:Personally I don't care who the opposition put out for all I care it can be dads army,our concern should be who We put out and do with have a goalie or enough players to field a full team.start of season is fast approaching and we ain't been in such a bad state in years when come to our squad.

Saturday was bad whichever way you dress it up for Gavin to feature in goals first half is poor surely the academy keeper if no one else could have started.
avatar
therovingsheep

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Planet Earth

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  bazza on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 am

therovingsheep wrote:
Barneyboy wrote:Personally I don't care who the opposition put out for all I care it can be dads army,our concern should be who We put out and do with have a goalie or enough players to field a full team.start of season is fast approaching and we ain't been in such a bad state in years when come to our squad.

Saturday was bad whichever way you dress it up for Gavin to feature in goals first half is poor surely the academy keeper if no one else could have started.

Spoke to a parent of last yr's 19s team..The keeper they had spent the last 2 months of the season training with the firsts & was also voted the u19's player of the season so he must have something about him..Has to be worth a punt until we get some experience in

bazza

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Bazza

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 am

Couldn't agree more.

Barneyboy

Posts : 100
Join date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

Trials

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:39 am

Before long we'll be asking joe public up for trials.

Barneyboy

Posts : 100
Join date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  douggolfer on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 am

Why are we part of the Swansea academy if we don't receive
help with players !!! Thought that was the idea behind
these setups Is to give players playing experience ,


douggolfer

Posts : 534
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  Paul Thomas on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:15 am

Season starts 3 weeks this Sat, the basis of our squad should now be taking shape, IMO this pre-season seems to be the most disjointed for a long time, poor friendlies coupled with our failure to field a decent side in the games so far is worrying. Let's hope for some positive news soon but whatever happens between now & Aug 12th it is not leaving Gavin much time to mould the squad into a side to compete in this challenging league.

Paul Thomas

Posts : 448
Join date : 2013-12-30
Location : Cefn-Coed

Back to top Go down

Players salaries

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:27 pm

If the issue with players leaving was a big part down to money then how do we plan on getting players of equal or better skilled to come here and remain??

Barneyboy

Posts : 100
Join date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Based on what I have read on here, the board have increased the playing budget yet again. Or at least it's the same as last season. You also take out the wages that we were paying McLaggon, Reffell, Barrow, Davies and Richards, money is available unless we are told otherwise.

It's up to the Manager to sort out the signings as it's his job and I'm very sure that he will. Let's give him some support?


Mr Men 1969

Posts : 41
Join date : 2016-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  CF34martyr on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Barneyboy wrote:If the issue with players leaving was a big part down to money then how do we plan on getting players of equal or better skilled to come here and remain??


I totally agree with the comments that this the most disjointed pre-season campaign in living memory. We would normally have a fair selection of candidates vying for a chance of playing for us,but not this season it seems.
The problem is not so much the "freed up" additional playing budget,garnered from the players who have moved on.It's actually replacing the players we've lost with those of an equal calibre,which is a tall order at anytime,but nigh on impossible with only a few weeks till the  first game of the season.
It's not disloyal by any means to voice disquiet when we are struggling to field a team, of any standard,and anyone who says otherwise needs a reality check.Sorry but that's the sad truth.Sad

CF34martyr

Posts : 89
Join date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Newport County's website states their team will feature 'trialists, a few academy players and a few first team players.'
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3473
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport County Preview

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum