Andrew Needs (Chubbs)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew Needs (Chubbs)

Post  cliffyboy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Andrew Needs has left his role as club physio. Manager Gavin Williams couldn't agree terms with Needs for the upcoming season so he has left the club.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew Needs (Chubbs)

Post  rustic on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Yet another loss to the club,all the best Chubb's.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Needs must when the Devil calleth

Post  Boz1964 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Shame to see another loyal servant leave the Club.

Always had a smile on his face.

Let's hope nobody 'rubbed him up the wrong way'....

Regrettably, change happens....with the exception of the Barry Town defence nothing stays still.

Thanks Chubbs

Good luck

Boz

Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 pm

More news like this and Merthyr want have many supporters,there's surely something wrong somewhere.
What's that 7/8 players left and 2 in makes no sense and it will put ppl off from coming.just my own views

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Hereford announced their full squad a few days ago.They show four ex martyrs in their squad .And amazingly they have three goal keepers .They must have more money than sense

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Apparently Hereford have sold over 1,000 season tickets.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  bazza on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 am

scamp wrote:Hereford announced their full squad a few days ago.They show four ex martyrs in their squad .And amazingly they have three goal keepers .They must have more money  than sense

You'd think they'd loan us one of them as they took Oli & that we also don't have a keeper as yet..Any reason why last yr's 19's keeper has not been given a chance..Gav involved him with the 1st team squad towards the end of last yr so he must have something about him

bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:Apparently Hereford have sold over 1,000 season tickets.

Shame to lose someone like Chubb's Merthyr through and through!!! always had a smile, always had time to chat

this situation is not of Herefords making, there is something not right in the club at moment, poor old Gavin must be pulling his hair out,

Its all very well having a full board and creating  liaison supporter officers but if owners have no clue as to what is happening in the club then supports and owners will make their own interpretation of events!!!!
owners have a right to know why so meany playing staff are leaving!!!, (is it wages,is it work related changes ect)
it looks from the outside that we are paying more in non playing wages then we are in playing wages, I can't remember a situation like this in the club, even when we reformed in Staff's wells we didn't leak staff as we are now
its alright to say change happens! come on not at this frequencies, we are also losing non playing staff, we lost the barmanger recently S R Merthyr through and through when in work and outside of work,these things all mount up in creating bad atmosphere, a few years ago the club was buzzing its not feeling like that at this moment in time !!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:48 am

There are specific reasons for Chubbsy's departure which must remain private between he and Gav as the manager has responsibility for his back room staff.

I think it's fairly obvious why certain players have left. 1 has gone into full time football which is great for him and something we can't argue with. 2 others have made a sideways move for more money which we couldn't compete with, even if we wanted to, as paying inflated wages causes more problems than it solves as we've seen in the past. Another has moved, in my opinion backwards, again for money and also less games. Everyone has responsibilities so if they can earn more money elsewhere, then so be it, and good luck to them.

The playing budget has increased by 42% over the last few couple of seasons and we will always pay what we can afford but it's the off field activities that fund that and we need people to do that as with all the will in the world volunteers can no longer do that. We need to remember that matchday income comes nowhere near to funding the first team and I will always remember that in the meetings held when we did reform for every supporter coming through the gate we had to find another £28 to keep the club going. If we had crowds to match the attendances at Hereford there would be no problem and we would be able to pay more but again within what we could afford. Steve has made perfectly clear his reasons for leaving but he loves the club and will always remain a staunch supporter so I don't really understand that correlation.

Several players left the club when we reformed and came back when we climbed back up the leagues as did many supporters and a lot of those have not returned.

Supporter liaison people have been appointed to answer questions and will always do our best to do so honestly but some things, particularly if they concern individuals either on the playing field or off it must remain private again for obvious reasons. There is a meeting on 3 August and myself and Ant will respond with as much information as we can to any questions asked. In the meanwhile our details are on the website so feel free to contact us.

There is always
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 am

Best of luck, Phil.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 am

Perhaps it was a blessing that we didn't get promoted last season.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 am

Supporter liaison people!!!are we that big a club that the hierarchy can't answer questions themselves,pointless position if you ask me.
What's wrong with picking up phone,if no one answers leave message and we will get back to you or email.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 am

Hereford may have a bigger fan base and can pay bigger wages but if Merthyr ain't careful this season we will only be bringing in crowds of 300/400 max especially with supporters not wanting to watch a depleted side who will struggle badly,we are that fickle.
I do have 1 question for the club,should we faulter in the coming season due to lack of quality players and support drops off.then you have a domino effect I.e drop in gate receipts,bar takings etc with everything taking a knock then can you justify the amount of staff wages,etc at the ground and maybe you should become a performance related salaries.
What the clubs seems to have forgotten is we are a football club first and foremost period,without a team we have nothing and doesn't matter how good a ground we have if we don't have the team or supporters to fill it then it's all pointless.
What Merthyr need to do now to save face and save supporters is make a statement and bring in 3/4 quality players asap to save the up coming season,stop any spending on ground this season and put additional funds to improve squad because once you have a winning team you get greater numbers through turnstiles.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bazza on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 am

douggolfer wrote:
Merthyr Imp wrote:Apparently Hereford have sold over 1,000 season tickets.

Shame to lose someone like Chubb's Merthyr through and through!!! always had a smile, always had time to chat

this situation is not of Herefords making, there is something not right in the club at moment, poor old Gavin must be pulling his hair out,

Its all very well having a full board and creating  liaison supporter officers but if owners have no clue as to what is happening in the club then supports and owners will make their own interpretation of events!!!!
owners have a right to know why so meany playing staff are leaving!!!, (is it wages,is it work related changes ect)
it looks from the outside that we are paying more in non playing wages then we are in playing wages, I can't remember a situation like this in the club, even when we reformed in Staff's wells we didn't leak staff as we are now
its alright to say change happens! come on not at this frequencies, we are also losing non playing staff, we lost the barmanger recently S R Merthyr through and through when in work and outside of work,these things all mount up in creating bad atmosphere, a few years ago the club was buzzing its not feeling like that at this moment in time !!

I may get hammered for saying this by a few of you..well probably most of you ..but here goes..

It seems a lot of the departures have been after the board gave Gav a 2yr deal which i'm sure took up quite a chunk of money making less to go round for players & support staff etc..

I agree Gav is a major asset who carries legendary status with people in our club & I for one thought it was a smart move to give him this offer, but is it starting to backfire a bit, players a little jealous/annoyed at not been given improved deals...

Please agree/disagree at your leisure...

bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 am

Gavin's contract has had no bearing on the amount available in the playing budget for the coming season so I can squash that point straightaway. By the way, I'm interested in your comment "I'm sure". Where did you get that from as it is blatantly incorrect?

Secondly, Gavin does have a few irons in the fire but it would be premature and unprofessional to make those public now. Gavin is responsible for 1st team matters and it is up to him when signings are announced and the only players he will bring in are those who will add value to the squad. Don't forget we have Ash, Pross and Curtis on the injury list and they are due back, hopefully, before the end of pre season.

When Gavin is ready he will announce his squad and it is up to him when that is.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  bazza on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:39 am

Old Sod wrote:Gavin's contract has had no bearing on the amount available in the playing budget for the coming season so I can squash that point straightaway.  By the way, I'm interested in your comment "I'm sure".  Where did you get that from as it is blatantly incorrect?

Secondly, Gavin does have a few irons in the fire but it would be premature and unprofessional to make those public now.  Gavin is responsible for 1st team matters and it is up to him when signings are announced and the only players he will bring in are those who will add value to the squad.  Don't forget we have Ash, Pross and Curtis on the injury list and they are due back, hopefully, before the end of pre season.

When Gavin is ready he will announce his squad and it is up to him when that is.

Great answers...Like I said it was just a thought i'd had..& no more than that, my comment 'I'm sure' is in no way a loaded question as I have no knowledge of what goes behind closed doors, just giving my opinion as we all do on here

bazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:21 am

Bazza why has gav got legendary status,good footballer but weve seen and had way better,not only that as a manager he's gone so much to learn.last season the team formation and squad choice was very poor and this season he's guna come a cropper.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Stability

Post  Barneyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:45 am

However I do agree with the 2yr deal,We need stability

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:47 am

Barneyboy wrote:Bazza why has gav got legendary status,good footballer but weve seen and had way better,not only that as a manager he's gone so much to learn.last season the team formation and squad choice was very poor and this season he's guna come a cropper.

I love positivity!
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:51 am

bazza wrote:
Old Sod wrote:Gavin's contract has had no bearing on the amount available in the playing budget for the coming season so I can squash that point straightaway.  By the way, I'm interested in your comment "I'm sure".  Where did you get that from as it is blatantly incorrect?

Secondly, Gavin does have a few irons in the fire but it would be premature and unprofessional to make those public now.  Gavin is responsible for 1st team matters and it is up to him when signings are announced and the only players he will bring in are those who will add value to the squad.  Don't forget we have Ash, Pross and Curtis on the injury list and they are due back, hopefully, before the end of pre season.

Great answers...Like I said it was just a thought i'd had..& no more than that, my comment 'I'm sure' is in no way a loaded question as I have no knowledge of what goes behind closed doors, just giving my opinion  as we all do on here

Then why say "I'm sure" when you were no! You really need to sort out your "without foundation" opinions.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  bazza on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:02 am

Old Sod wrote:
bazza wrote:

Great answers...Like I said it was just a thought i'd had..& no more than that, my comment 'I'm sure' is in no way a loaded question as I have no knowledge of what goes behind closed doors, just giving my opinion  as we all do on here

Then why say "I'm sure" when you were no!  You really need to sort out your "without foundation" opinions.

Touched a nerve have I? or maybe i'm not that far off the mark

bazza

Back to top Go down

Old sod

Post  Barneyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am

I'll give you positivity when I see harmony in the club and on the field.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Barneyboy wrote:Supporter liaison people!!!are we that big a club that the hierarchy can't answer questions themselves,pointless position if you ask me.
What's wrong with picking up phone,if no one answers leave message and we will get back to you or email.
Bit harsh!

Both, memory serves me correct, are elected Trust Board members (I presume I can say this without the usual gagging order relating to the Trust applying?!).

On ex Club Secretary of many moons standing and - whilst his arithmetic may always be questioned - is very knowledgeable, and a bit of a bigwig in NL Circles. The other I'll admit is a bit of a gopher who - God Bless him - seems to take on all the cr@p jobs the club can throw at him. Personally, I think its some sort of penance on earth for the obscene gold-plated pension he is on after a lifetime of making misery to all us good honest folk who are just trying to get by earning an honest crust, without the bloody Government making Shylock look like the worlds biggest philanthropist.

Seriously, whilst I'm the first to take the p**s out of the pair of them, I think its very gracious and generous of Ant and Phil to give up their time and stand in the firing line. Personally I find what they say to be honest, frank and worth listening to. Don't see the need to degrade the helpful role they are undertaking - voluntarily. There have been loads of folk moaning about the comms from the club - so give them a break when they try and address the issue.

Sermon over!

Phil - is my £10 in the post?!!

Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Barneyboy wrote:I'll give you positivity when I see harmony in the club and on the field.
I've been watching since the early '80's. I'm still waiting...!
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Transition Period Pains.

Post  Boz1964 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Dew, Dew, Dew.

The negativity on this forum makes me wonder if any of our fans want the Club to exist in the first place.

Now before I get accused of bias, let me state that I not involved in the running of the Club, paid official, spokesperson or volunteer but merely a fan of the team and our Town.

We live in a socially deprived area high up in the Valleys that has seen more recession times than most of the 'First World' Countries- and that is before we feel the joys Brexit will bring.

Unemployment is high, the jobs that do exist are low paid and there is a perceived culture outside of our Town painted by the media that we are lazy, workshy and intimate with sheep cave dwellers.

One of the few crowning achievements of our Council has been its unerring support for our football club.

Yes- before anyone says it I did work for the Council (yes- I did use the word WORK and COUNCIL in the same sentence) but that was over two decades ago.

Now let's face it, our Club was driven into insolvency- the brink of extinction and going the way of the dodo and the Betamax video recorder.

The Club's Trust and its fans saved it from oblivion.

Now most of the same fans seem to want to walk away from the Club they saved?

Some seem erringly to have placed too much reliance on the term 'Owner'.

Fan ownership was never to be a long term solution and I think the more intelligent of our fans saw it for what it really was - an illusion of 'ownership' and just another sleight of hand - call it marketing....call it what you want...even call us a Community Club if necessary ...but that particular deal of the cards got us our new pitch and part revamped stadium ...but still some of our loyal fan base seem to have taken umbrage at our metamorphosis into our current 'corporate' entity and it doesn't take a genius to work out that certain persons noses have been put out of joint.

But this is an unfortunate side effect consequence of the changing times.

As Fanny ( Ownership?) Craddock would say you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

I have heard rumoured horror stories of volunteers in all areas being cast aside after years of loyal service and hard work with little more of a handshake and mumbled thanks.....but let's put this into context here.

In today's modern World, whilst we bought into the concept of Community ( Perhaps because of our Socialist Roots) on the basis that we all want a sense of belonging- which is yet another illusion.

The reality however, in any business - football or otherwise-is that we are all just a number- and not just those wearing a shirt on the pitch.

We all like to think that the Club owes us a debt ( no insolvency jokes please) because we follow the team and have pride in our players but the hard cold fact is no one really cares.

The fact remains that the Club is now a business and must be run on an economic footing and can only do so under the guise of a Community Club.

It cannot allow sentiment or loyalty to be a major player.

For those still wearing long shorts and blinkers - Football has long since gone from being a sporting contest to being all about the money.

Much has been said about the cost of running the place - which cannot be met by gate receipt alone.

In the absence of a Roman Abramovitch ( My Son wrote to him in our hour of need and whilst he wrote back via his Secretary he snubbed us too) or other Sugar Daddy - we are always going to struggle to compete in what is quintessentially a dying spectator sport.

The Club needs football fans true - but it needs sponsors, backers, events and the continued support of our Council ( they didn't snub us) more - otherwise it will be the return of the tumbleweed and Adidas will be replaced by the wrecking ball.

The sad truth is we do not exist as a stand alone( groan) Football Club anymore.

But we still need your support in the form of your money.

Before pouring more negativity and creating bad feeling and division at OUR Club ask yourself the question what do you really want?

The Club to be run on an economic footing - whatever League or sport or team we put on the pitch?

Or a Saturday afternoon devoid of quality live football and other entertainment on your doorstep?

Bad feelings and constant sniping produce bad karma and volunteers and officials who support the Club feel constantly undermined, undervalued and will soon opt to 'Jack' it in.

Is there any coincidence that fewer and fewer people wish to join the Board or give up their time to get criticised or slated?

Ask yourself honestly would you do it?

Thought not....I wouldn't.

But there is a common denominater.

We are all Merthyr Town Fans for Pete or Gavin or even Rob's sake.

We haven't even kicked a played a competitive match yet.....is the Club really all that bad?

To quote Eddie Cochrane -C'mon Everybody-

Cut out the negativity, forget your petty jealousies or perceived alienation - we are still welcome at the Club- build some bridges - shake a few hands and above all else ...enjoy the spectacle.

After all we ALL want football at Penydarren Park......or do we?

Boz

Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top