View previous topic View next topic Go down

Romans cladding

Post  douggolfer on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:19 am

As anyone checked the cladding on Romans

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Re: Romans cladding

Post  douggolfer on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 am

I'm a little taken back having not received a response on this one, perhaps the club have information regarding the safety of the cladding ,perhaps the question as not been raised with the relevant bodies, whatever the reason because of the recent issue with the tower block most buildings which have had cladding fitted recently should be safety checks.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Sorry for the delay Douglas but I don't live on my computer as I have other responsibilities.

As far as I'm aware it hasn't been checked yet as I suppose it's low risk as we have only 2 floors with plenty of fire exits and it's empty overnight. I'm sure the contractor will be sounded out to see what material was used and when I find out I will let you know.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:26 am

I don't think this is so much about risk,if this cladding is not up to standard ( I'm not saying it is ) and there is a fire the place will most likely be lost,we had a break in a few months ago if a fire had been started who knows,I believe we need it checked ,it could impinge on our insurance cover !!I know health&safety works on High,Medium and low risk but with the sanario unfolding across the country think we need movement on this .

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:44 am

In fairness O.S.i think it was a question he asked if anyone could answer,I don't think he specifically asked you.I am sure he would have a answer off one of our new liaison officers if he enquired on the official site.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:51 am

Old S. IS one of the liaison officers.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:00 am

I didn't realise that, apologies O.S.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 am

This was a open question just hoping for a answer, the fact that you've taken the time to answer
I applied , and I do understand your time is more important then most of us ,i was expecting someone involved
with the build would want to put a answer forward.again thanks for taken the time to answer .O S

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:52 am

I have now received information which says -

"If the building is less than 18m in height, there is no restriction on the use of combustible materials and thus any option and combination of materials is possible".

Romans and Webley's etc are below that height so no restriction applies in our case as opposed to tower blocks.

Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum