Board names

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Board names

Post  douggolfer on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:01 am

Tried to get this information on the other forum no one seems to want to answer!!!!
Can anyone name the three candidate's who did not make it on to the board!!! also why was there no election process I was under the impression from the wording on the other forum  it would depend on the level of interest on a election being called!!!!

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Old Sod on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 am

douggolfer wrote:Tried to get this information on the other forum no one seems to want to answer!!!!
Can anyone name the three candidate's who did not make it on to the board!!! also why was there no election process I was under the impression from the wording on the other forum  it would depend on the level of interest on a election being called!!!!

I don't know who the 3 are but as they withdrew that point is largely irrelevant. Therefore there were 3 others who did allow their expressions of interest to go through and as there were 3 spaces available no election was required.
avatar
Old Sod

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 64
Location : Sunny Pant

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  douggolfer on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:53 am

I asked the question because it was not stated that three had withdrawn !!!!!.

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Old Sod on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:13 pm

douggolfer wrote:I asked the question because it was not stated that three had withdrawn !!!!!.

Here's a paragraph from the MTFC site website -

"Following last month’s request for any member interested in joining the board to contact any of the directors, we received 6 initial enquiries, which then reduced to 3 confirmed members who wanted to join the board and help the Club".

The "then reduced to three" means they withdrew as opposed to being whittled down so only 3 members put their names forward.

avatar
Old Sod

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 64
Location : Sunny Pant

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  rustic on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:55 pm

That's the directors sorted,and now hopefully player signings.

rustic

Posts : 782
Join date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  douggolfer on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:32 pm

When was this posted,it seems I can only find the 22 may
AS stated by the chairmen!!!! ?

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  douggolfer on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:39 pm

[quote="Old Sod"]
douggolfer wrote:I asked the question because it was not stated that three had withdrawn !!!!!.

Here's a paragraph from the MTFC site website -

"Following last month’s request for any member interested in joining the board to contact any of the directors, we received 6 initial enquiries, which then reduced to 3 confirmed members who wanted to join the board and help the Club".

The "then reduced to three" means they withdrew as opposed to being whittled down so only 3 members put their names forward.

Seems this was posted on the 15 the of June ???? Strange when I checked yesterday it was not visible !!!perhaps invisible ink was used

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Solihull Martyr on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 am

What exactly is your point Doug?
avatar
Solihull Martyr

Posts : 4281
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 106
Location : Solihull (East of Merfa)

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Old Sod on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 am

douggolfer wrote:
Old Sod wrote:
douggolfer wrote:I asked the question because it was not stated that three had withdrawn !!!!!.

Here's a paragraph from the MTFC site website -

"Following last month’s request for any member interested in joining the board to contact any of the directors, we received 6 initial enquiries, which then reduced to 3 confirmed members who wanted to join the board and help the Club".

The "then reduced to three" means they withdrew as opposed to being whittled down so only 3 members put their names forward.

Seems this was posted on the 15 the of June ???? Strange when I checked yesterday it was not visible !!!perhaps invisible ink was used

Well I saw it on 15 June so perhaps my machine can read invisible ink and it's been on the MTFC site since then.

As Rustic says that's the Board sorted until the next election and as far as player signings are concerned, that's down to Gav and it's also up to him to say when such news is released.
avatar
Old Sod

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 64
Location : Sunny Pant

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  douggolfer on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:26 am

Resignations of 2 Board members
Meurig said he had received letters of resignation from Richard Bennett and Mark Evans. Both resignations were accepted with regret and it was agreed that letters of thanks would be sent to both parties thanking them for their service. Malcolm asked if they would be replaced and John said that under the SD model our Board could be seen as being too large so maybe we could look at reducing the number.

This is a quoit from the board meeting after the resignation of the lad., when M J left it was a foregone conclusion
his position would be fill but not for one moment did I think three poison would be filled!!!! do you not think if owners understood there were three places to be filled more applicants would have taken interest !!!!(who knows)
My point is if information is not forthcoming then people can not react!!! , it seems sometimes the information released is not to the point or to slow being publicised!!!! three position amount to 25% of the board numbers!!!
that's a major deal!!!!

owners should be informed in greater depth on issue of this nature,these are the people we in trust our club to if owners feel they have no input in to electing board members how are we suppose to feel part of the workings of the club!!!!

I applaud the work the board have done !!!but I feel the club is no longer a owner lead, how can it be when we have such little input !!!!

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 am

Club website on 22nd May:

'If any Member wishes to discuss joining the board please contact any board member. Contact details for all board members are located here.'

Seems perfectly clear and straightforward to me, and totally irrelevant as to how many board places were available.


avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  douggolfer on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 am

As stated member !!!!not plural !!!! This is why a number of us assumed it was as read singular (seems Perfectly straightforward to me )

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:33 am

douggolfer wrote:As stated member !!!!not plural !!!! This is why a number of us assumed it was as read singular

Seems a very peculiar interpretation of the English language to read it that way!!!! (I've got just as many exclamation marks on my keyboard as you have!!!!!)

Can you say exactly how big 'a number of us' made that assumption?

I notice, by the way, you're directly quoting Board minutes again despite having previously been taken to task for doing so.

'These board meeting minutes are for owners only and must not be shared with others'. Is that not straightforward enough?
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  douggolfer on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:52 am

Where else can we gain information regarding items we owners think require answers, I asked the question
on the twitter section of the club website because that was no other way to post it ?, as you state taken to task before you go there have a look at martyrs twitter which is open tot he public users there is a entry regarding this item !!!! I see the club have set two new supports \ owners officers bril at least we'll have a outlet for answers .

douggolfer

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:11 am

douggolfer wrote: I see the club have set two new supports \ owners officers

They're real props of the club.
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Old Sod on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't use Twatter so I haven't seen any comments on there.

The wording of the article dated 22 May reads like this - "If any Member wishes to discuss joining the board please contact any board member. Contact details for all board members are located here. Dependent upon the level of interest a decision will be made on if an election will be required".

That sentence is grammatically correct as "any member" is construed as being any member of the Society. To make that plural would be incorrect and the fact that it clearly says that if we were oversubscibed that an election would be held.

On a point of interest and hopefully without breaking the quoting of minutes rule this was brought up by 2 Owners in the AGM and the Board after discussion have acted upon their comments.
avatar
Old Sod

Posts : 1409
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 64
Location : Sunny Pant

Back to top Go down

Re: Board names

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum