Re: Mc leaving

Post  Solihull Martyr on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:22 am

Really bad news if this is correct.
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 am

On Martyrs official Twitter:

Despite Gavin and the clubs best efforts, Kayne McLaggon has left after rejecting an improved offer from the club.

He's Gone. Shocked

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:04 am

Very little good news coming from the club these days apart from the signing of fleetwood..Refell Mclaggon barrow bull whose next , probably gone to Hereford as we should be competing with all other clubs around us.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 am

Gone to Barry, Local Club for him,  They offered him more money so he went, that's football these days!

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am

scamp wrote:Very little good news coming from the club these days apart from the signing of fleetwood..Refell Mclaggon barrow bull whose next , probably gone to Hereford as we should be competing with all other clubs around us.

Where has this information concerning Barrow come from, not heard or read anything about him departing the club.
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 am

It incredible we cannot compete with Barry if true The news was that barrow was going to play for a club in Ireland on a full time contract

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Can't complain really about a player leaving to take up a full time contract ,but losing a player to Barry well what chance as Gavin got to get decent players.We could land up signing players other clubs don't want,I really hope we are all worrying about nothing and Gavin is a magician and he as players that he really wants ready to sign.

rustic

Back to top Go down

No man is an Island

Post  Boz1964 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Shame to hear of Kaynomite's departure but as one door closes another door opens.

I am sure SuperGav will use his contacts to bring in further talent.

Perhaps our recent departing players feel they have played out their final chapter at our Club or feel that their playing time will be curtailed by the new arrivals.

Time will tell.

Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 pm

One consolation we have a good replacement in fleetwood pity we could not have both

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:44 pm

I don't see consolation in losing 4 players !!!yes Fleetwood is a decent player but
he's no replacement for what we've lost, I can except not being able to match Hereford but Barry
that is very worrying

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

I was referring to mclaggon only not the other players who have left as fleetwood is a proven goal scorer

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Still very disappointing losing players of this caliber,

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Sad to see Kanye go as he was one of our better players,sadly that's football.
Fleetwood and Kerry are really good players and hopefully bring in a few more.
Thing is do we actually have any scouts at merthyr anymore ?

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:28 pm

That is a good point .in previous years we did have a good scouting network.we had John Morgan from ebbw vale who beside scouting for league clubs picked up players for us like Chris Hollvey. Micky dix. .we had another in the bristol. Area who provided the likes of ray hendy. Mark Bryant etc.but it is no good picking up young talent like bull and letting them go

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Risca Martyr on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:01 am

Scamp wrote:Very little good news coming from the club these days apart from the signing of fleetwood..Refell Mclaggon barrow bull whose next
I wasn't aware that Barrow had left. Where has he gone?
Risca Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 am

Technically all the players have left the club because they are non contract,so unless they decide to stay with us for the coming season they are not our players.The club posted on their web site when Reffell left so they may do the same when they know what others are not staying.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  ncfc on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:45 am

I will confess to having never seen Kayne McLaggon play, but I have seen Stuart Fleetwood play quite a lot, and I would be amazed if swapping one for the other does not see a huge improvement in your side.

Perhaps McLaggon has left because he knows he won't be playing now Fleetwood has arrived?

PS. Looking forward to our friendly match in a few weeks' time.

ncfc

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:00 am

I would loved to have seen bull and fleetwood upfront,we will look back at last season as a hugely missed opportunity.as they say onwards and upwards

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:47 am

ncfc wrote:I will confess to having never seen Kayne McLaggon play, but I have seen Stuart Fleetwood play quite a lot, and I would be amazed if swapping one for the other does not see a huge improvement in your side.

Perhaps McLaggon has left because he knows he won't be playing now Fleetwood has arrived?

PS. Looking forward to our friendly match in a few weeks' time.

I don't believe for one minute that Kayne would be worried about the signing of another striker, his goal record for us has been brilliant, only Prosser and Traylor have scored more goals for the current Merthyr Town FC, he scored over 20 goals season just gone despite being out injured several times. It is a big loss to lose him, at least he will not be in the same League as us!

Barry Towns new found wealth now that they are in the WPL will be hard to match for the Martyrs, I will not be surprised (hope I'm wrong!) that Carmarthen Town will be sniffing around some of our better players in the coming season too.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:45 am

Good post Cliff,  Barry being promoted to the WPL was bad news for us, they will now receive a substantial figure from the Welsh FA towards Wages & Traveling costs which is probably more than our our entire playing budget for the coming season.

I've also heard like you that Carmarthen as well as Barry have been talking to several of our players, As they are now all free agents there is little we can do to stop this, hopefully Gavin will be able to re-sign most of last seasons squad together with some new additions to enable us to compete once again next season but in fairness to him it will be difficult given our limited Resources. However I'm hopeful that Gavin will persuade the majority to re-sign, we should know for certain in a few weeks time.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:09 pm

I remember Gary Shephard saying sometimes the new players coming in pre-season are better than the ones you have or have left. As mentioned earlier by fellow supporters, let's have faith in Williams and see what developes. To those who have left thank them for their support and welcome the new, this happens every season to every club no matter what level. At least we will have a club to support every season rather than those who are boom or bust. Manager manage, supporters support.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:56 pm

OWNES1 wrote:   At least we will have a club to support every season rather than those who are boom or bust.

On that subject I see that Ilkeston FC who, like Merthyr Town, were formed in 2010 to replace a liquidated predecessor, have this week been wound-up because of mounting debts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40157987
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 pm

On his twitter site on 5th June he says he has not yet decided where he is going yet hopes to sought it out next couple weeks . Perhaps he thinks it time to move on

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:50 am

Who are you referring to Scamp.??

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next