New perimeter fence.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New perimeter fence.

Post  rustic on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 am

Whoever put this fence up should have sat in the front row, the top rail is right in your eyeline the people in the disabled area have the same problem.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Re: New perimeter fence.

Post  geronimo74 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:13 am

Rustic you can get a periscope from Walters Photography at a reasonable price solves the problem Laughing Laughing
ONLY JOKING I AGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY

geronimo74

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 am

I agree that the new fence restricts viewing in the grandstand. I think the disabled area will be sorted out during the summer when it will probably be moved one row further back with a small sloping ramp to allow access.

According to FA rules for B grade (which is required for the National Leagues) the perimeter fence has to be at least 1.1 metre high. I haven't measured it so I can't tell you whether or not it is higher than that and to be honest I don't really understand metric!
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 am

Having not sat in the area I can't comment on view but if restrictions are the full front row these are a lot of sets to lose, also to reestablish this area is going to cost money, I know we have a few months before this area will be fully used again but we need to be on top of this ASAP !!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Taffia on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 am

Old Sod wrote:

According to FA rules for B grade (which is required for the National Leagues) the perimeter fence has to be at least 1.1 metre high.  I haven't measured it so I can't tell you whether or not it is higher than that and to be honest I don't really understand metric!

For the metrically challenged, 4 inches is just a bit more than 10cm. (And stop thinking what you are thinking.Very Happy) The fence should be about 43-44 inches on this basis. I really need to get out more.
Taffia

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 am

I would imagine the height is a safety standard for all railings, balconies etc. A simple elevated level for the length of the disabled area only ramped either end should not cost too much.

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 am

Twyn Jasper wrote:I would imagine the height is a safety standard for all railings, balconies etc. A simple elevated level for the length of the disabled area only ramped either end should not cost too much.

If it was a safety issue surely the FA would not have allowed us to use the ground as the wall did not meet the criteria quoted ??? As for the disabled area now we are entering the area of health & safety !!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Yes Doug, I see your point, however the wall has been there a long time and normally it would come under a sort of grandfather rights, (like seat belts in vintage cars) where it would not have to be upgraded unless it was deemed unsafe, what I am saying is that any new installations must meet the present safety standards for anyone standing.

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm

I would have thought that"grandfather rights"wouldnt apply if the national league stipulates 1.1metre.I suppose they could make the second row the new front row,it would also make a few seats available to replace the missing seats(broken).

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:08 pm

douggolfer wrote:
Twyn Jasper wrote:I would imagine the height is a safety standard for all railings, balconies etc. A simple elevated level for the length of the disabled area only ramped either end should not cost too much.

If it was a safety issue surely the FA would not have allowed us to use the ground as the wall did not meet the criteria quoted ??? As for the disabled area now we are entering the area of health & safety !!!!

Currently we have a Cat C grade but I don't have the criteria for the height of the perimeter for that grade but for NLS/NLN it must be 1.1 metres and any improvements made must adhere to Cat B because that is what we aspire to. Any adjustments to the disabled area will be fully compliant with H&S requirements.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Old Sod wrote:to be honest I don't really understand metric!
Bit like tax?!
On a good day, you might stretch to a metre!!
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  geronimo74 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:46 am

This stand due to it being quite old and the way it was constructed is going to be expensive and difficult to alter.Even this season when we were attacking the Park Chapel end there were groups that stood and did not sit throughout the season.Which way to deal with it within the budgets available is a poser..

geronimo74

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Yes you are right Geronimo,it is difficult when finances are tight and i suppose the directors have to prioritise where to spend any available cash.On Wednesday night mind you there were some adverse comments re.the broken/missing seats, you never know that "Grant"guy may help us.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Seating

Post  Barneyboy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 pm

The seating has been atrocious this season,I've spent this season sat with an elderly grandfather and it's been a pic n mix,I've seen ppl sit and fall back coZ of no back rests etc or back rests still attached but only on one side.
There's been ppl who've sat down and fallen back,guys tipping drinks.
There's a lot of stadiums being renovated or newly built why can't we see if someone might donate a few hundred or at a greatly reduced costing.
If you don't ask you don't get.
Another thing I've noticed with the new fencing is the way the old walls were dismantled and new fences installed is the way the foundation course has been left to someone like myself in the construction industry the overall finish is very poor with the bottom coursework in a shocking state.
Does anyone know if this is likely to get rectified.
Another question I have is Owen money stated on his radio show that some Merthyr players will be leaving,do we know if this is true and who are they.
Peace out

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:35 am

Barneyboy wrote:
Another thing I've noticed with the new fencing is the way the old walls were dismantled and new fences installed is the way the foundation course has been left to someone like myself in the construction industry the overall finish is very poor with the bottom coursework in a shocking state.

Have to agree, particularly the Theatre End which looks TERRIBLE, hopefully this is going to be remedied by the Contractors.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:51 am

I believe all the players are free to leave as they are not on contracts.I am sure old sod will update us on this.On a personal note I feel we need new faces in a few areas of the team and some i would really want to keep.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Rustic

Post  Barneyboy on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:39 am

I completely agree with you,look forward to seeing what happens in the coming months.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Paul Thomas wrote:
Barneyboy wrote:

Have to agree, particularly the Theatre End which looks TERRIBLE, hopefully this is going to be remedied by the Contractors.  

I can confirm that the fence foundations will be tidied up with a course or 2 of bricks which will be completed over the summer months. The demolition of the wall in front of the Wank Bank will also be done although I think we'll be contacting Donald Trump to provide the material to do that as the wall is built out of reinforced concrete and will be a bugger to knock down. The aforesaid DT can transport it to the Mexican/US border!

All our players are non contract and it is up to them whether or not they want to return. I hope they all do as I'm sure they want to go two places higher up in the league next season. They were all as gutted as we were not to win last Wednesday.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

New Perimeter Fence

Post  hirwaunman on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:21 pm

'Wank Bank' - we are supposed to be a community club - isn't it time that adolescent term was dropped?

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Mon May 01, 2017 3:37 am

hirwaunman wrote:'Wank Bank' - we are supposed to be a community club - isn't it time that adolescent term was dropped?
Personally - I'd say: NO!
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 am

hirwaunman wrote:'Wank Bank' - we are supposed to be a community club - isn't it time that adolescent term was dropped?

Agree 100%, I'm all for good banter but it's time this adolescent attempt at humour was dropped, time to move on.

Thanks OS for the update on the Wall & Playing Staff, info is much appreciated....Paul

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Mon May 01, 2017 6:03 am

Well for me there would be at least 4 players could go,we need impact players to come off the bench which as been lacking this season.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 am

I Know resources are tight, but hopefully next seasons Playing Budget will be sufficient for Gav to bring in at least a Quality Striker & a Quality Midfielder to help us achieve our aim of Promotion in what will be a difficult campaign next season with Hereford in our League and with a playing Budget that will be substantially more than everyone else in the SLP.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Some points on this thread. I think that now we have been used to new facilities for a year now, the rest of the stadium is looking very tired. Most of which hasn't been touched since 87 I suspect.

Again I feel the need to reiterate the steps of progress that is being made. I personally think that the new fencing looks great considering that it isn't finished as of yet. Something that is needed for our grading as far as I can gather. The problem is that the makes the other parts of the stadium look poor but of course it does take time and I'm pretty sure that the seats are very high on the priority list?

I'm far from an expert in construction but I can imagine that new seats are not cheap. In fact I have no idea how many seats we can have?

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Tue May 02, 2017 10:13 am

As many as we want i should imagine, cannot see why there would be a restriction on how many seats we have.Quite agree we have come a long way and if the wall had to be replaced so be it,i did hear there was a grant to replace the wall wether that is correct i don't know.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum