utterly confused

View previous topic View next topic Go down

utterly confused

Post  scamp on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:04 am

Why is it the match preview for tomorrows match is a preview of the match away to St Ives on 15th august on our mafc website.supporters looking at this will think we are away this weekend.Surely there can be no excuse for this .

scamp

Back to top Go down

Re: utterly confused

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:28 am

That's strange, I thought it was there yesterday - Terry Phillips must certainly have seen it there as he's copied it onto his site as usual:

http://www.dai-sport.com/11611-2/

I wonder if a glitch has somehow occurred with the link from the home page.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:57 am

I've checked with Matthew, and the fact that Terry Phillips has included it on his site proves it was there yesterday as we don't forward stuff to him - he just copies and pastes from whatever appears on our website so it must haver been there for him to do that.

Seems that some sort of technical glitch has crept in since then. Matthew can't correct it today as he's not at work due to it being a Bank Holiday.

Whether all this counts as an 'excuse' I don't know, but there it is.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:02 pm

It was definitely working yesterday as I read it via the mailing list. It must be a technical issue.

"Surely there can be no excuse for this.." Rolling Eyes Tad harsh

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm

It's been corrected.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:20 pm

That is good Mathew must have come in on his day off to correct it.We should have a good crowd tomorrow so the last thing we want his to have any wrong information about where we are playing .my comments would have been a bit harsh if it was a technical cliché but yet to be convinced.Still all that matters it has been corrected end of rant

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 pm

scamp wrote: my comments would have been a bit harsh if it was a technical cliché but yet to be convinced.

Why is that?

But as said, the correct link is now back, so either Matthew has been able to put it right or someone else has been able to do it. Unless of course the glitch has sort of glitched back again to how it was! (I'm not technically minded about such things!)
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:36 pm

To be honest Scamp I think the theory of someone uploading a correct match preview and being distributed via email, social media etc, only to upload the incorrect preview the following day (for some reason) and then log back in to upload the correct preview again takes a lot of convincing also. Unless there is some conspiracy at hand Shocked

I think it's fair to say this was a technical issue which as you said has been resolved promptly. Very Happy

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top