Playing budget

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 am

The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Chief Executive Officer and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The Chief Executive Officer will be entirely responsible for the management and operations of all functions other than Senior Football at Merthyr Town Football Club. Critical to this will be the financial viability of the organisation whilst working within strict legal and constitutional boundaries.

The above is a copied segment from the Responsibility's section of the CEO contract of employment!!!

In today's release of last months board meeting minutes it states the CEO and first team manger will get together and set the playing budget ????  If as is stated in the contract of employment senior football is not in CEO remit why is the CEO  setting the budget amount with the teams manger .

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:15 am

Whatever it does - or more to the point, doesn't - say, a reminder that the Board Minutes are to be read by Owners only and ought not to be 'quoted' on a public Forum.


Last edited by Merthyr Imp on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra bit.)
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:32 pm

You are of course correct except my apologies
Did we not used to publish the minutes on the board
that was situated at the entrence to the Candac ???

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:16 am

douggolfer wrote:You are of course correct except my apologies

I do.
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  rustic on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:01 am

MMM,maybe that may have been part of the reason for the recent resignations.

rustic

Posts : 782
Join date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  scamp on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm

I am beginning to wonder what is going on when I see on the St Ives twitter inviting their supporters to the park view because they can play the juke box free.I have heard rumours a while back that there was a dispute over the price of drinks at the park and might be the cause of these resignations hope it is not true

scamp
Moderator

Posts : 1245
Join date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Solihull Martyr on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Said it before: as a Community Club, this secret squirrel in regard to the minutes doesn't sit comfortably with me. Recognise this is not universally shared, especially by some elected Board members. Personally I'd prefer transparency - nothing in there I'd be concerned. As a Trust member, happy to propose a motion, if someone wants to second.
avatar
Solihull Martyr

Posts : 4277
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 106
Location : Solihull (East of Merfa)

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:24 am

Solihull Martyr wrote:Said it before: as a Community Club, this secret squirrel in regard to the minutes doesn't sit comfortably with me. Recognise this is not universally shared, especially by some elected Board members. Personally I'd prefer transparency - nothing in there I'd be concerned. As a Trust member, happy to propose a motion, if someone wants to second.

As stated early we used to have the minutes posted in the notice board at the entrance to the candac!!! 
why do we not go back to this system, I see no need to put them on social Media if we post them in Webleys
then supporters could view . there is also the matter of the executive board meetings we see no minutes or receive no feed back as to what as been discussed , or to what as been proposed from these meetings ??l believe full parity
on both board meetings

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:02 pm

I personally can't remember board meeting minutes available for all to read in the Candac. I may be wrong. I suppose it does devalue the membership package if anyone can gain access to board meeting minutes. That's what most people pay their annual fee for as nobody seems to put their name forward to get elected onto the board anymore.

I would be very surprised if the two former board members resigned because they pefer to drink down the park view. People can drink where they want before and after the game. I don't see a problem with it at all. I only accidently walked in there once. If you get 20 people in there, it's packed. It's not an issue in my opinion.

I think we have an excellent set up at the Club, improvements are being made and the Manager has been able to sign two players this season after going to the board. Well, I assume as Gav has openly praised the board. Of course I think there can always be improvements. The resignations were quite strange but I think now is the time for everyone to kick on together. Look at what we have? It's incredible and I don't think it's being appreciated enough. I'll be there on Saturday with some of my Cardiff City friends. They came up for a match over Christmas and they were gobsmacked by the new build. It seems like everyone is impressed by this football club apart from a select few, probably the same at every club mind.

Mr Men 1969

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Well said, Mr Men. When this season is out of the way I shall have a few comments of my own about some of the points you raise.

I'm sure people can hardly wait!
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  scamp on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:47 pm

I agree that it is up to the individual where they want too drink.I know friends of mine will go to the local pub than the local club where drinks are a lot cheaper.But what annoys me is that our supporters or it looks that way are enticing away supporters from penydarren park to spend their money as shown on the St Ives twitter site that to me is what Mr trump would say crossing the red line.

scamp
Moderator

Posts : 1245
Join date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm

I certainly see your point there Scamp. In an ideal World all of our fans/owners would support the club in every way.

From what I can gather, there seems like there is a small percentage of people that are unhappy with a few things. I can't work out what that is at the moment, maybe if they approached the board through the official channels, maybe something could be done about it?

Mr Men 1969

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  CF34martyr on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Mr Men 1969 wrote:I personally can't remember board meeting minutes available for all to read in the Candac. I may be wrong. I suppose it does devalue the membership package if anyone can gain access to board meeting minutes. That's what most people pay their annual fee for as nobody seems to put their name forward to get elected onto the board anymore.

I would be very surprised if the two former board members resigned because they pefer to drink down the park view. People can drink where they want before and after the game. I don't see a problem with it at all. I only accidently walked in there once. If you get 20 people in there, it's packed. It's not an issue in my opinion.

I think we have an excellent set up at the Club, improvements are being made and the Manager has been able to sign two players this season after going to the board. Well,  I assume as Gav has openly praised the board. Of course I think there can always be improvements. The resignations were quite strange but I think now is the time for everyone to kick on together. Look at what we have? It's incredible and I don't think it's being appreciated enough. I'll be there on Saturday with some of my Cardiff City friends. They came up for a match over Christmas and they were gobsmacked by the new build. It seems like everyone is impressed by this football club apart from a select few, probably the same at every club mind.


As I drive a long way back and forth to home games,I don't get to use the bar or the luxurious corporate facilities in the main block.  I stand in the middle on the terrace opposite,as I have for the past 25 years. I can assure you it is not as user friendly,hasn't even basic toilet facilities, especially for women,and is deteriorating rapidly.

I'm not one of your so called select few,but I know when something needs addressing.Perhaps the board will decide to invest some of it's future funding in the rest of the infrastructure of the ground, rather than the more corporate facilities,before we end up like the sad vision of the Vetch Field before it's closure,with an abandoned stand.


Last edited by CF34martyr on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor grandma)

CF34martyr

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Well I have to disagree on a number of your opinions,

I don't for one minute think the main reason people become owners is to read the board minutes, most of us who became owners have graduated from being members when the change came about, the idea of becoming owners was to have a say in the way the club was run and to have a input at owners meetings, problem is the owners meetings have become a little disjointed, yes there is never a descent turn but that's always been the case , what we have to ask ourselves is what is the reason for the poor attendance, I think some of the decision made by the board over the last two years have not gone down well with some of us owners, just look at the loyalty card we were told there would be 5% off when using the card!!! a week before the cards were issued the beer prices went up by 5% 
when I posed the question for the rise I was told the brewery advised us to do it??? no other licensed premises under this brewery increased their prices.it smacked of loyalty what loyalty we give in one hand and take in the other!!!!

as far as people nominating for the board is concerned, we've just lost two of the most influential boards members I can remember, these guys worked tirelessly to bring the club back from the brink of existence and continued to work to bring the club back to its former glory, if these guys felt the need to resign then I'm disheartened, this is not about beer prices .

Great to see cardiff fans at the ground,was it not the two resigned board members who brought about the reduction in entrance price for cardiff season tickets holders!!!! also show your mates the Merthyr town memorabilia in the club house!!! we've been waiting since Webleys was opened for our clubs history to be placed back in its rightful place !!! lets not forget how cardiff fans reacted when a man that pumped huge money into the club took them to the premiere league then when he tried to change the shirt colour they slated him !!!  the point here is looks can sometimes be deceiving, the entrance to the club is gobsmacking yep, problem is most of us are not allowed to use it on match days even season ticket holders have to go through the turn styles, then off we go up to our  entrance to Webleys which as a piece of galvanized pipe same as the council use for housing we use it   to stop fans falling off the steps that's gobsmacking .( unfortunately its been so badly fitted its just about to come away form its fixings) 
I believe the fans that go to the park view  do so because the club as changed so much, it is expensive at the bar even if you have a loyalty card ,football fans have become second class citizens, and owners views are not worth the effort , I understand the club as become a business but match days should be about football and the fans who made this club what it is, I think we've forgotten without football this club would never have existed. 

Please do not think for one minute this is a spat at the board its far from it,I take my hat off to them but I do think we've forgotten about the fan who spends a hell of a lot of money in the club and meany have been doing this for a hell of a long time, sitting on a Friday night in strickers wondering if we would be watching football on the Saturday 
because there was no money to pay players, there were times when the bar boys paid the wagers out of their own pockets. OK perhaps we will never be in that situation again because of our community club status , but match days are not what they used to be the club as lost that Merthyr town felling and its a crying shame. of course these are my sentiments but I bet it echoes in a lot of fans minds who,perhaps won't voice their feelings as I do ...

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Where do you think the money will come from to invest in the rest of the stadium infrastructure? Funding just doesn't happen if you just ask for it. In fact it's incredible that we have what we have through funding. That is likely to stop thanks to leaving the EU.

If we want to improve the other parts of the stadium then we need a corporate facility to be able to pay for it? I am sure the improvements will come in time. In fact I saw on Twitter that a fence has started to go up? Gained from a grant that specifically indicated that it was for the fencing, if I read the minutes correctly?. Grandstand seats urgently need to be done and maybe the roof over the terracing? But I'm sure they will be addressed when the funds are available to do so. People are forgetting "Progress Through Stability"

Mr Men 1969

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Douggolfer I definitely see some of your points there. Although my Cardiff City mates aren't season ticket holders anymore.

A genuine question. If the memorabilia was up on the walls and beer was cheaper, do you think that would solve some people's issue with a match day? I only ask this because I'm not sure the problem currently is with some supporters and at least, in fairness you do

I do also appreciate your point about the ownership model. Maybe its because the Club has changed so quickly in a such a short space of time? There is a fine line between owning and running a club which may have changed over the last few years. The few staff members that I have had contact with have been great and seem fully committed to their roles and possibly this has led to some discontent because it simply can't be run by volunteers anymore?

I think the membership model could be a little more inclusive but to what extent?

Mr Men 1969

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:01 pm

I do feel pricing in the club is a major issue with a lot of fans, as you my have noticed we now advertise a happy hour with reduced bar prices this as come about because someone as realised bar prices are to high,let's look at the park view all across the board prices are £2.50 for draft beers\ciders you stated that you went to the park view by mistake and twenty people will pack the place if those twenty people feel aprrseated then surely that's what will fetch them back time and time again, some of us don't get that feeling with the club anymore.

As for the memorabilia this should have had pride and place in Webleys above all else, we spent money on T V,s that really were not needed we have six tvs in such a small area, surely one less TV could have paid for a bit of club history to be placed on the wall, we seem to be in a sponsor culture which is great if the money is forthcoming, also we are not talking about a fortune to get this up on the wall, Fans see non playing wages rising as we've not seen before yet we can't afford to have a part of the clubs history in place, these are the things that don't seem to be addressed by the board and then the feeling sets in its not a footy club anymore.

When  the average fan sees members of the caliber of the two who resigned with what seems to be with a leave them go attitude don't you think some of us feel let down, you must remember the two who resigned have great respect from the majority of the fans who attend matches,its become very much like a big corporate companies your only a number!!!!!.

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:05 pm

scamp wrote: ...our supporters or it looks that way are enticing  away supporters  from penydarren park to spend their money as shown .

I have big problems with that too.
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Mr Men 1969 wrote: I saw on Twitter that a fence has started to go up? Gained from a grant that specifically indicated that it was for the fencing,

Exactly.
avatar
Merthyr Imp

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Penydarren

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Mr Men 1969 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't think there was a "Let them go" attitude aimed at the two members that resigned. Certainly not the impression that I got from the board meeting minutes and the post on social media and emails.

I can't comment on non-playing staff getting wage rises as I'm not sure about that but the playing has gone up as well as a result. I'm sure that Webley's will look great when the memorabilia is finally up. The beer prices, I don't really have a major issue with the odd few pence here and there but I know that others do so I respect that.

The dozen or so that pop into the park view are more than entitled to be there. It's a free Country. They won't come back now because they are in that Saturday routine, and again I can't see a problem with that. Things could improve by all means, like every football in the World but for the first time in...ever, there's a sustainable and stable model in place. Let's build on this and stick together as a fan base? We have something for the community that everyone can be proud of which in turn will help the football side of things.

Mr Men 1969

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  CF34martyr on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:01 am

Mr Men 1969 wrote:Where do you think the money will come from to invest in the rest of the stadium infrastructure? Funding just doesn't happen if you just ask for it. In fact it's incredible that we have what we have through funding. That is likely to stop thanks to leaving the EU.

If we want to improve the other parts of the stadium then we need a corporate facility to be able to pay for it? I am sure the improvements will come in time. In fact I saw on Twitter that a fence has started to go up? Gained from a grant that specifically indicated that it was for the fencing, if I read the minutes correctly?. Grandstand seats urgently need to be done and maybe the roof over the terracing? But I'm sure they will be addressed when the funds are available to do so. People are forgetting "Progress Through Stability"

I'm well aware that funding has to be applied for,and that we have been very lucky in the amount we have been allocated. I also acknowledge that the facilities such as the bar and function hall are essential for generating additional revenue for the club.
What I did say is the main building interior has had enough spent on it,and now it is time to prioritise the issues in other parts of the stadium before they deteriorate further.
Not everyone uses Twitter or Facebook so items such as fence repairs tend to slip through the net.

CF34martyr

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 am

Im lead to believe the grant funding we've received so far as been for regeneration of the of Webleys and romans so it would meet the criteria for the community club states!!! it seems the project of replacing the wall as come about because that was a underspend by one of the funding departments, the removal of the wall was apparently part of the original plans (news to me) seems the offer came unexpectedly so the wall got the thumbs up !!!!
I've not seen any plans of the type of fence is replacing the wall just hope its not above head height nightmare watching footy through a green mesh ??? Lol 
I must agree we need to be looking for money to be spent in other areas of the ground  the stand directly outside Webleys is in need of a overall just one that comes to mine !!!! as stated lots of these grants come with stipulated criteria as to what the money as to be used for!!! I have no clue who makes the decisions on what each funding is used for.

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  rustic on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:31 am

New seats in the so called Grandstand would be handy,I go for what is played on that patch of green on the tatty side of the new building,but also agree with a lot of the comments on the various other points.

rustic

Posts : 782
Join date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

playing budget

Post  jeffh on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 am

When the 2 happy hour 2 is introduced ,it is less happy for owners as the loyalty card is not in use. this means non members have more off than owners.

jeffh

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  douggolfer on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 am

jeffh wrote:When the 2 happy hour 2 is introduced ,it is less happy for owners  as the loyalty card is not in use. this means non members have more off than owners.

Rest my case yet another blow below for us owners !!!! But we can still read the board minutes yepeeeeeeee

douggolfer

Posts : 496
Join date : 2013-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing budget

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum