STRIKERS For our Final Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STRIKERS For our Final Games

Post  Royston Rogers on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am

Any news on Kayne or Pross with Refill not available also  it looks a bit of a problem upfront for some very important games.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Re: STRIKERS For our Final Games

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Could see Eliot Richards playing as the main striker. I think it's the position he used to play in his days with Bristol Rovers.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  CF34martyr on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:Could see Eliot Richards playing as the main striker. I think it's the position he used to play in his days with Bristol Rovers.

I'm afraid as much as he is quite a skillful player,we need someone with a bit more about him up front if we want to reach the payoffs. We need an out and out striker.
We looked absolutely toothless against Chippenham on Saturday,and even worse, from what I saw they are far from the best team we've encountered this season. A long ball over the top,then a mad scramble does not equate to controlled flowing football you'd expect from a championship winning side.
If we had a full team on the field,we could have definitely got something from that game.
So the next time one of our more petulant players decides to lash out,or gob off.....remember what damage it could do to our plans to progress as far as our ambition will take us!

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 am

Royston Rogers wrote:Any news on Kayne or Pross with Refill not available also  it looks a bit of a problem upfront for some very important games.

Kayne and Prosser definitely out Saturday (Twitter info) the transfer deadline is tomorrow (Thursday) so maybe a signing imminent Question

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 am

Please let us have three signings Dai Webley,Ceri Williams and Bob Latchford Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:23 am

CF34martyr wrote:
Merthyr Imp wrote:Could see Eliot Richards playing as the main striker. I think it's the position he used to play in his days with Bristol Rovers.

I'm afraid as much as he is quite a skillful player,we need someone with a bit more about him up front if we want to reach the payoffs. We need an out and out striker.

Agree, Quality Striker should have been our priority weeks ago!   Last 2 signings Compton & Copp are no better than players we already had -IMO resources would have been better spent on a Quality Striker who would have given us the impetus to push on in the business end of the season to ensure we get that play off place.

That said let's hope we get back on track next Saturday to ensure we get that play off spot our performances this season deserve, I believe in one off games we can beat anyone in this league.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 am

I just hope GAVIN has full support to get someone in.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 am

Royston Rogers wrote:   I just hope GAVIN has full support to get someone in.

He had plenty of support to bring Jack Compton in. The fact that the player he brought in was Compton was his choice.

A reminder (which apparently always seems to be necessary) that if players such as Reffell, Prosser, and McLaggon are not in the matchday squad they're not getting paid. Therefore the amount of wages saved by not paying them is available to pay any other players the manager is able to bring in during their absence.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 am

well all I can say is "fingers crossed" anyway one thing that's clear whoever takes the field on Saturday needs our 100 per cent united support to try and achieve a result to keep us in the "hunt".,,,,,,,,,,C;MON THE MARTYRS

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:11 pm

We live in hope Roy, let's hope for three points.

rustic

Back to top Go down

More Strikers than Orgreave Colliery

Post  Boz1964 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:33 pm

It's bit of a gamble but what about Swansea legend Lee Trundle now at Llanelli.

That boy certainly knows where the net is and is a real entertainer?

I would love to see Trundle grace our Park.

Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Come Rhondda

Post  Boz1964 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

The other 10 who could do a turn is our former striker Super Marcus Griffiths.

Always a fans favourite and another player that hi s the back of the net with regularity.

He loves the Club and has a great turn of pace.

Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top