The Club Website - What is it for ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Club Website - What is it for ?

Post  Radio DJ on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:36 am

A beautiful morning and time to relish the prospect of a home Bank Holiday fixture with a good attendance to add to the experience .
Must be careful to check the kick - off time as I read last week that there was some confusion over whether it was going to be 1.00 or 3.00 pm .
Sure enough - the club website gives it out as 3.00 pm - off I set @ 1.00 pm to drive the 22 miles to the ground .
It`s eerily quiet as I approach - there are one or two cars  waiting outside the locked main gate with puzzled looking drivers inside them .
After a brief discussion someone finds out on their smartphone via Facebook that the match is off !
   Cue the draining of the Christmas spirit from my persona - what use is an official website if it can`t perform the simple task of giving out up - to  - date information ?

Radio DJ

Back to top Go down

Re: The Club Website - What is it for ?

Post  scamp on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 am

I wonder why having paid so much on the pitch we cannot provide adequate covering in times like this.To be fair the postponement was on twitter and shortly after it was on the official website.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:46 am

Radio DJ wrote: Must be careful to check the kick - off time as I read last week that there was some confusion over whether it was going to be 1.00 or 3.00 pm .

I wasn't aware of any confusion about that.

News of the postponement was on Twitter at I think about 10.30am and Twitter appears on the club website page.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top