MERTHYR v Stratford

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MERTHYR v Stratford

Post  Old Sod on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:
Twyn Jasper wrote: The thing I enjoyed today by the way was the Pontmorlais steps being open,  

I hope you had your torch. It wasn't quite too dark to go down them after the match yesterday, but it will be after the Kings Langley game a week on Saturday, and I think I'll be taking the better safe than sorry route.

When I was a little younger I used to run up and down those steps whatever the conditions although I couldn't do it now!
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:47 am

Solihull Martyr wrote:
Solihull Martyr wrote:
Old Sod wrote:I'm not 100%...
Never a truer word said!

Reminds me of the good old days of the Pughy Abacus!!
For the avoidance of doubt - I was trying to insult!!

That's no problem, Chris. At least yours was an attempt at humour. A poor attempt but there we are!
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:32 pm

It shows the performance yesterday was poor,no talk of the football just how many supporters were there.Obviously everyone is not going to agree with all the decisions made by the club,my concern would be the drop in attendance in the last few games.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:51 pm

rustic wrote: ,my concern would be the drop in attendance in the last few games.

If we ignore yesterday's game for which we've only got the 'officially declared' attendance figure to go on, the attendance for Leamington last Tuesday night was actually higher than both of the previous two league matches. In between there have been two FA Trophy games, but attendances in the early rounds of that competition are never very high.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:10 pm

I do not know why we seem to be panicking over the attendances at the present time.I can go back throughout the past years and around this Xmas period they tend to drop like a stone.I wonder why the club bother to rearrange fixtures around this time.probably out of their control.Come the new year they will improve

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:01 am

The game against Leamington last Tuesday night was an originally scheduled one from the start of the season.
But I suppose the idea is to get games in as soon as possible in order to leave dates free later on for re-scheduling games (away or home) if bad weather postponements start to bite from January onwards.
We've already still got the home fixture with King's Lynn to be fitted in. But I do hope it won't be on 20th December!
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  hirwaunman on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:54 am

As to the football, I suspect the team allowed themselves to be fazed by having to start from the opposite end to the one they usually favour, and play into a tricky low sun. Maybe they also thought Stratford would be easier opponents than proved to be the case. It was an indifferent performance reminiscent of the game we lost away at Cinderford, but we can't expect high-octane performances every time, and at least we were much more our usual selves and well on top at the end even though we couldn't find the back of the net.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:
Twyn Jasper wrote: The thing I enjoyed today by the way was the Pontmorlais steps being open,  

I hope you had your torch. It wasn't quite too dark to go down them after the match yesterday, but it will be after the Kings Langley game a week on Saturday, and I think I'll be taking the better safe than sorry route.

Yes I did have my torch just in case Imp; great to see the steps open again. Back to the game they had a well marshalled defence and were hard to break down.

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:29 am

We looked well off the boil on Saturday. However, much better in the second half. Fingers crossed we're back to our best tomorrow night!
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Old Sod wrote:
Merthyr Imp wrote:

When I was a little younger I used to run up and down those steps whatever the conditions although I couldn't do it now!  
Blimey - that must have been a long, long, long time ago!

And - as someone as vertically challenged like me - it also must have been like a scene from "Land of the Giants"!
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top