View previous topic View next topic Go down

FA Cup 3rd Qual Rd

Post  cliffyboy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:21 am

AWAY to Whitehawk FC on Sat Oct 1st

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Rd

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 am

A tough one - Brighton-based Whitehawk FC of National League South (although they're currently 18th out of 22 in the league table).
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  nocturnalme on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:29 am

They had a good run a year or two ago, reaching the second round proper, eventually narrowly going out to Dagenham & Redbridge in extra time. Not a team I wanted to draw Crying or Very sad
nocturnalme

Back to top Go down

Post  Markymark88 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:16 am

Bloody hell Jeremy Corbyn FC. Very Happy
Markymark88

Back to top Go down

Post  timshorts on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:25 am

Markymark88 wrote:Bloody hell Jeremy Corbyn FC. Very Happy

Am I missing something here? What has Whitehawk to do with Jeremy Corbyn. It's got a Tory MP, and the only thing Brighton is famous for MP-wise (apart from having some Tories blown up in a hotel) is having a green MP, but that's Brighton Pavillion, not Kemptown.

Whitehawk have lost a number of their good players. Most of them were imported from London anyway, rather than being local. It's not a great ground, and doesn't have any apple trees, as far as I am aware, although it is near a trailer park.

When I moved down here, I was told that Whitehawk was a shitty rough council estate, and asked had I been there. As I hadn't seen anything that looked like Bettws, Ringwood or even Duffryn, let alone Beddau, I said that I hadn't - only to find that I'd actually been there lots of times. It is neither rough nor shitty. They have their own gardens for f's sake, and it's within walking distance of the beach and the Marina.

Anyhow, it would have been a great draw if I hadn't been supposed to be working. Only about 15 miles from my house - and I'd thought Portchester was convenient.

timshorts

Back to top Go down

Post  Markymark88 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:12 am

timshorts wrote:
Markymark88 wrote:Bloody hell Jeremy Corbyn FC. Very Happy

Am I missing something here?  What has Whitehawk to do with Jeremy Corbyn.  It's got a Tory MP, and the only thing Brighton is famous for MP-wise (apart from having some Tories blown up in a hotel) is having a green MP, but that's Brighton Pavillion, not Kemptown.

Whitehawk have lost a number of their good players.  Most of them were imported from London anyway, rather than being local. It's not a great ground, and doesn't have any apple trees, as far as I am aware, although it is near a trailer park.

When I moved down here, I was told that Whitehawk was a shitty rough council estate, and asked had I been there.  As I hadn't seen anything that looked like Bettws, Ringwood or even Duffryn, let alone Beddau, I said that I hadn't - only to find that I'd actually been there lots of times.  It is neither rough nor shitty.  They have their own gardens for f's sake, and it's within walking distance of the beach and the Marina.  

Anyhow, it would have been a great draw if I hadn't been supposed to be working.  Only about 15 miles from my house - and I'd thought Portchester was convenient.

Nothing directly but Whitehawk are well-known for their hipster left wing support.
Markymark88

Back to top Go down

Post  steve5 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Would it be true to say, Merthyr Town (or Tydfil) have never played:
Barnstaple Town (QR1)
AFC Porchester (QR2)
Whitehawk (QR3)

Would be a shame if we met Wolves or Man City in the Final, as we've played them before !!!

steve5

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Merthyr Town played Barnstaple Town in the Western League Premier Division in 2011/12.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top