Owners metting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Owners metting

Post  douggolfer on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:10 am

Just noticed there is a owners meeting to be held on 12th July before a friendly!!!! This is the first owners meeting of the new season, should this first meeting be held on the same night as the friendly restricting the amount of time
spent on issues which might arise, I believe the meeting should be rearranged to accommodate this possibility .

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Re: Owners metting

Post  scamp on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:24 am

Have to agree with you it seems they do not give it much importance to squeeze it in before a match

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 am

It's not just that (but I think you could be right) i want to go and enjoy the 
 the night have a few drinks watch a game ,not sit in a meeting...

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Judging by what it says on the website...

http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/20162017-ownership-launch-date-confirmed/

...it's not actually an 'owner's meeting' - i.e. a meeting restricted to owners - but a Question & Answer' session of the kind which was last held in April and which anyone can attend.

Also, as per the website, there will be the launch of the Membership scheme for the new season so obviously the meeting is open to anyone not already a member who might want to join up.

While there were a reasonable number present at the last Q & A session in April - perhaps partly due to it being one of the first events to be held in Romans - there were less than a handful of people present at the previous two sessions, so I would think the reasoning was to hold it on a night when there was a match on to attract extra people, plus also combine it with a launch of the membership scheme in good time for the start of the new year beginning 1 August.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Sorry as per website  (owners will be able to renew their membership and asked questions of the board !!!
That suggest that it's a owners meeting.where it be new owners or owners renewing !!! 
I feel if it's is about intising new members it would be best achieved with a lunch and a overview of what ownership offers ,perhaps we could on the night pencil in a date for a future owners meeting to persent questions to the board

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Well, what I'm trying to get at is it's not a formal meeting with minutes taken and things voted on. The last Q & A session was billed as an open meeting for supporters - i.e. not just members - to ask questions. I certainly don't remember being asked to prove membership at any of the previous three Q & A sessions.

No doubt the two things you mention could be asked of those of the Board present (and very likely will be!).

It seems to me simply a case of killing three birds with one stone to not only hold the Q&A session along with the membership launch but also when there's a match on, as the game might ensure more people there for the meeting than otherwise, and on the other hand might ensure a better turnout for the game with a lot of people staying on to watch it (although I won't be) who might not otherwise have gone.

The last Q & A session in April was also combined with another event - the unveiling of new playing kit for next season.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:48 pm

Well I hope we have enough time to kill the three birds as you put it !!!!!
I feel most of the session could be taken up renewing and hopefully registering new owners
I hope there is information on the increase in owners fee and what the loyalty card offers !!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:59 am

There is a plan to hold a longer meeting of Society members in early August. It was decided to proceed with the membership launch and Q and A on the 12th July, because it is the 12th anniversary of the original formation of the Trust.

Admin
Admin

http://mtfcforum.team-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Not really much to report from the Q & A session. Apart from club officials there were only about half a dozen people present.

Leaflets were available about the new Junior Martyrs scheme, plus it was possible to join or renew Trust membership. The Discount Loyalty Card for all items at the club bar was stated to be for a discount of approximately 5%.

Although no-one representing the playing side of things was present to answer questions I did ask about the following:

Gethin Jones - although he had not featured in the friendlies so far (unless he played tonight - I don't know as I didn't stay for the match), as far as the Board member present (Anthony Hughes) was aware he was still with the club as Cortez Belle and Chris Hugh were the only players who had definitely left.

Tom Bradley and Kyle Patten - as we know, both suffered injuries during last season and both had needed operations. It was thought that both were still unfit to play - particularly Patten - and can't really be considered as being with the club any more.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top