In SJ we trust!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In SJ we trust!!!!

Post  muscles76 on Sat May 28, 2016 1:28 pm

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Re: In SJ we trust!!!!

Post  muscles76 on Sun May 29, 2016 1:13 am

well hear my assesment of sj in the reign he has .
At times we looked great at times we looked clueless and also boring to watch.
he did well with what he had at his disposal but his constant passing around for fun was very annoying at times as well as the mad selection and subs baffled me.
He let a players go who i  thought should not have left which shows he obvisouly clashed with certain players in the dressing room.
His formations 2 was quite bizzare 1 up front !!!!
For me gav is a good choice been here a while now and knows how to play football.
He bound to know a lot of people so hopefully with the backing of the board and some attacking football we be ok.
Some players will follow steve like lambs to the slaughter but if they dont want to stay then off u go lads.
For me it was only a stepping stone for steve to something different.
As the going says the grass aint always greener on the other side.
Overall i think this is the right choice at the right time .

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon May 30, 2016 6:20 am

Now Steve has been made assistant of Hereford it will be a test how much we can say in SJ we trust and that he will not poach any of our players.Further being a local lad he will feel he has a duty to our community also

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy on Mon May 30, 2016 9:40 am

I think we will be saying goodbye to plyers but we can also welcome new players.hereford is a big club and will attract young plyers

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 on Mon May 30, 2016 10:54 am

i reckon 3 players easy pity really.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon May 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Hereford are a bigger club than us because of their fan base.But whatever players Steve take with him must realize they are initially taking a backward step by going down into a lower league particularly the younger more ambitious players.When Hereford do reach our standard they will be looking for even a better quality player.To be honest there are not many of our current squad of conference standard and those players who do decide to go could by this time next year be looking for another club.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy on Tue May 31, 2016 1:24 am

I agree with you but certain boys came to Merthyr with sj and will probably leave with him.the attraction to play for Hereford is much bigger then plying for Merthyr and also there's the money side.gavin Willian's will already be looking for boys that he knows who will be good enough to ply for Merthyr there are a number of good boys in Welsh league

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Tue May 31, 2016 1:37 am

I agree there are a number of good boys playing in the welsh league but in the division we are in now we need to aim for players who are playing in a higher league than the welsh league the odd one perhaps will be about enough

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Tue May 31, 2016 5:37 am

scamp wrote:I agree there are a number of good boys playing in the welsh league but in the division we are in now we need to aim for players who are playing in a higher league than the welsh league the odd one perhaps will be about enough

Problem is can we afford the ones playing at a higher level than the WL. It seems these days money is a bigger motivator than the level/standard they play at for some players, EG Ryan Green. With our limited resources/budget we will always struggle to keep the better players when clubs like Hereford are interested. Hopefully not to many will leave with SJ and will stay loyal to the Club.

The bottom line is, it is better to be prudent and remain solvent rather than pay silly money and go bust, maybe we will just have to lower our expectations a little next season but hopefully/fingers crossed it will be an enjoyable season for both players and supporters.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue May 31, 2016 6:03 am

Johnny boy wrote:I agree with you but certain boys came to Merthyr with sj and will probably leave with him.

Out of interest, there are three players  (as far as we know) remaining at the club who joined with Steve Jenkins two years ago - Tom Bradley, Adam Davies and Corey Jenkins.

Players currently (again, as far as we know) still with the club who Jenkins signed are:

Rhys Baggridge
Cortez Belle
James Bloom
Jaye Bowen
Jon Brown
Cameron Clarke
Ashley Evans
Glyn Garner
Chris Hugh
Gethin Jones
Keyon Reffell
Elliot Scotcher
Scott Tancock

I haven't included Kyle Patten, and the current state of fitness of certain of those listed is unknown.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 on Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 am

I can understand why sj moved.
BUT he is an assistant and not in charge ok hereford r bigger with a bigger budget with a bigger fan base .
My opinion he taken a backwards step i believe .
He was building a nice team up the town so im a i bit baffled really and a bit pissed off about it i must admit.
I dont blame him really but myself in charge of a team or second fiddle i know what id prefer .
As for the players leaving id nail down adam davies to be gone .
So we come to gav with ash his assistant i reckon it could work .
Its going to be intresting season.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy on Tue May 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Yes I think a lot of people are surprised at his move if it was to manager I could understand but assistant let's say he's gone sideways rather then back.out of all the plyers I to would say young Davies will be on the move has he's gone with sj from Llanelli to Monmouth and then to merthyr

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Tue May 31, 2016 2:23 pm

I am surprised also particularly when Hereford assistant manager left to take over Aberystwyth.I think Adam is a local boy perhaps this might persuade him to stay with us and play at a higher level of football with us than with hereford

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:40 pm

well after watching the gav interview im well impressed .
Already a big game arranged and players on the horizon .
2 he working on i wonder who ?

otherwise im very optimistic. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top