Management change

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Management change

Post  douggolfer on Sun May 29, 2016 6:07 am

I agree with most of what as been posted ,but we don't know the reasons behind S J's departure,
I hope it was not a issue regarding playing budget!!!!! .
If he as moved for money then would we not take the same road if offered? If he is intending to take the Hereford
job then good luck to him ,less traveling more money no brainer.
As usual we all make assumption's before we receive the facts!!!!! The board should have submitted a full statement on the reason/s for S J departure, as usual nothing forth coming to owners!!!!!!
Best of luck to Gavin in his new role

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Sun May 29, 2016 7:11 am

It seems from Steve departing speech on the main web page that Ashley is the assistant something which is okay but as long as they are not both playing at the same time.Perhaps Gavin being out for so long may unfortunately decide to hang up his boots.He does not say why he has finished but taken a long time to make a decision.The board has not come out well in this in that they have not kept us members informed for the reason he has finished unless they do not know themselves.A lot of supporters had put a lot of trust in Steve and as long as speculation persists as why he finished it does no one any good.I myself do not care l have seen so many managers come and go and we still get by

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sun May 29, 2016 10:19 am

scamp wrote:It seems from Steve departing speech on the main web page that Ashley is the assistant something which is okay but as long as they are not both playing at the same time.

The board has not come out well in this in that they have not kept us members informed for the reason he has finished unless they do not know themselves.

I could be wrong but I assumed he meant Ashley Thomas rather than Ashley Evans as assistant.

With regard to complaints about a lack of full information about Steve Jenkins' departure, we're tending to assume he's going to Hereford, but there's been no confirmation of that from Hereford that I can see anywhere. Perhaps it wouldn't be right for the Board to come out and say he's leaving because he's decided to join such-and-such a club (whether Hereford, Newport or wherever) until that club announces it themselves.

I doubt there's any chance he's giving up football altogether!

Last edited by Merthyr Imp on Sun May 29, 2016 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Sun May 29, 2016 10:30 am

Imp you are probably right Ashley Thomas lives right by our stadium and has been heavily involved with coaching at Cardiff city.A member of his family is a good friend of mine and from what I understand he has all the fa coaching credentials and is I believe involved with the welsh fa on the coaching side of things.He has been very keen in helping the martyrs and traveled to most away games last season

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun May 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Whilst I'm as disappointed as the next fan, and - given its Merfa - suspect something is going on that would make JFK conspiracy theories seem logical - there seems to be an assumption that the Board know where SJ is going. When I've left jobs, I've felt no compunction to let the Board or Management know where I'm going. Often do let them know, however don't believe there is any obligation to do so.

Point being - they may be as in the dark as we are. If they do know, I see no reason why they wouldn't tell us.
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny boy on Mon May 30, 2016 1:36 am

My only concern is if sj is moving on to another club which is pretty obvious what plyers will he take has most managers always take 2/3 boys with them and could Merthyr then attract plyers in on the budget Merthyr have.also there's the travelling they have to do to which will put off a lot if they can get the same amount of money in another club with hardly any travelling

Johnny boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nubs on Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 am

Announced earlier this morning that Jenks has joined Hereford as assistant manager.

http://www.herefordfc.co.uk/beadle-names-steve-jenkins-as-bulls-assistant-manager/
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top