St Neots Match Programme

View previous topic View next topic Go down

St Neots Match Programme

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 am

Some highlights from the programme for this match:-

* The 'Memory Lane' match features the victory at Taffs Well exactly five years ago  that clinched Merthyr's championship of the Western League First Division.

* Phil Mack continues his catering review of the Southern League Premier Division.

* A look at the club's involvement with the Welsh Football Trust and Active Merthyr as part of the Merthyr Town FC Community Project.

Plus all the usual features, information and stats for a pettifogging £2.00

Help the club financially and get your copy at the ground, or contact John Strand and badger him into sending you a copy by post:
strand@salisburyclose.fsnet.co.uk

Back issues of this season's programme are also available from John. For previous seasons they may be available from Les Barlow - South Wales Football Programmes and Collectables - lbarlow1@hotmail.co.uk
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Re: St Neots Match Programme

Post  Boz1964 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:40 am

Having just returned this Morning from the Middle East, after a 'flying visit' to see my son , the Durham/Doha Exile, I would have expected my stomach to have been in 'Neots'.

Using a 'Third World' toilet for a week, I expected to be much thinner on my return, with a severe bout of 'Delhi Belly', 'Montezuma's Revenge, or 'The Curse of King Tut', however, my blinkered vision of the Arab World, previously only viewed through the eyes of the British Media, has been shattered - as I had the pleasure of visiting certain 'rest rooms' that were floor to floor opulence, and would have not been out of place in the palace of a Pharoah or a Roman Emperor.

Most were the size of a small London Flat and had an irrigation system and an extra hosepipe that rivalled Star Trek's Captain Kirk for wiping out the Klingons.

So no 'Great Sheiks' I hear you say.

But there was one thing missing from such luxury and it wasn't the gold plated toilet paper either- it was the absence of the Merthyr Town Programme.

So my advice to you weary global travellers this forthcoming Close Season - if you like to read Occidentally about 'Leyton Orient', please remember your toothbrush but don't forget to pack a Bi-Weekly Merthyr Programme or there will be 'Imp-lications' .

With the visit of St Neots today and still at the 'Third World' price of £2.00 this weeks Programme really is worth the Holy paper it is written on.

Boz

Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:43 am

Boz1964 wrote: I had the pleasure of visiting certain 'rest rooms' that were floor to floor opulence, and would have not been out of place in the palace of a Pharoah or a Roman Emperor.

Most were the size of a small London Flat and had an irrigation system and an extra hosepipe that rivalled Star Trek's Captain Kirk for wiping out the Klingons.

Sounds almost as good as the new facilities at Penydarren Park - and with the match programme readily available too.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top