Annual General Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annual General Meeting

Post  Merthyr Imp on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:10 pm

The full minutes will available in due course through the usual channels, but here are a few highlights from a fairly uneventful AGM tonight - the first ever event to be held in the Romans function room.

In John Strand's secretary's report he commented that the club was aiming to extend their community activities even further now that the new facilities were available.

Commenting on some of the items in the financial report John estimated that Soccalot had brought in around £250,000 since it had been set up.

The profit shown for the year ending August 2015 was mainly due to increased income from sponsorship, Soccalot and Academy membership. The current year seemed likely to end up less profitably due to the lack of facilities to stage events, etc, but of course that should change now.

There had been a 20% increase in the playing budget for this season which had come out of money in reserve.

There was a question about whether the annual financial period could be altered from year ending 31 August to 31 May instead, and the club's auditor who was present stated this was possible and it was said this would be looked into and probably introduced over a transitional period.

An item of interest in response to another question was that the flat in the car park had now been vacated and had been purchased by the council. It was expected to be demolished during the summer thus enlarging the car park even more.

There was a heartfelt address to the meeting by a member - I'm afraid I didn't get his name/have forgotten it - on the subject of the lack of publicity given to the club on TV and radio, specifically by the BBC, and provided much food for thought on how this could be improved. Perhaps (my own thoughts) there's scope here for a volunteer to sort of co-ordinate efforts to do this (but I'm not volunteering myself).

After the meeting closed groups were taken on a tour of the new facilities, with Webley's a hive of activity and looking very impressive being readied for tomorrow night's wedding. Tomorrow, of course, will also see Romans in use again for the sell-out first screening of the 'Martyrs of 87' film.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Re: Annual General Meeting

Post  scamp on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 pm

I was one of the members who was taken on a tour of the facilities.I must say the facilities available are absolutely brilliant and there is no venues around that will compete with us for weddings conferences etc.Well done to all who made this possible

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:54 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:The full minutes will available in due course through the usual channels, but here are a few highlights from a fairly uneventful AGM tonight - the first ever event to be held in the Romans function room.  

In John Strand's secretary's report he commented that the club was aiming to extend their community activities even further now that the new facilities were available.

Commenting on some of the items in the financial report John estimated that Soccalot had brought in around £250,000 since it had been set up.

The profit shown for the year ending August 2015 was mainly due to increased income from sponsorship, Soccalot and Academy membership. The current year seemed likely to end up less profitably due to the lack of facilities to stage events, etc, but of course that should change now.

There had been a 20% increase in the playing budget for this season which had come out of money in reserve.

There was a question about whether the annual financial period could be altered from year ending 31 August to 31 May instead, and the club's auditor who was present stated this was possible and it was said this would be looked into and probably introduced over a transitional period.

An item of interest in response to another question was that the flat in the car park had now been vacated and had been purchased by the council. It was expected to be demolished during the summer thus enlarging the car park even more.

There was a heartfelt address to the meeting by a member - I'm afraid I didn't get his name/have forgotten it - on the subject of the lack of publicity given to the club on TV and radio, specifically by the BBC, and provided much food for thought on how this could be improved. Perhaps (my own thoughts) there's scope here for a volunteer to sort of co-ordinate efforts to do this (but I'm not volunteering myself).

After the meeting closed groups were taken on a tour of the new facilities, with Webley's a hive of activity and looking very impressive being readied for tomorrow night's wedding. Tomorrow, of course, will also see Romans in use again for the sell-out first screening of the 'Martyrs of 87' film.

I was under impression first screening of Martyrs of 87 is 22nd April ? many thanks
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:03 am

It is, Roving. I think that Malcolm was saying that Romans would be used to screen the film and not on the day of the wedding.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:50 am

[quote="therovingsheep

I was under impression first screening of Martyrs of 87 is 22nd April ? many thanks[/quote]

It is, isn't it? Good job I'm not doing the Official Minutes!

I think the trouble was having started on compiling the match programme for the game against Slough on Saturday 23rd April I was full of that, and thinking it was this coming Saturday.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  therovingsheep on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:47 am

No problem I nearly cancelled my curry night tonight missus would have gone mad lol Very Happy
therovingsheep

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:41 am

I had a tour last night very impressed ,nothing like it around for a long way....... Should bring in good revenue for the club. Did note the gents toilet at Romans is a little thight ,the hand basin s are directly in front of the cubicles, no room to exit/enter cubicles if someone is using basins, this is not a criticism just a observation !!!!!!
Rest of the refurbishment is stunning.
Well done to all!!!!!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top