Merthyr v Chippenham

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Merthyr v Chippenham

Post  Old Sod on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Looking at the rainfall from yesterday, the highest rainfall was recorded at Bryn Bach Park, which is just across the way and that came in at 51.44mm with the lowest temperature in Wales also.

St Athan, which is just across the way from Jenner Park recorded the highest temperature but I can't find the rainfall details but I'm willing to have a shilling bet that it was quite a bit less that we had yesterday.

The amount of rain we had yesterday was very abnormal to say the least and it was the amount that fell in a relatively short space of time that caused the problem and not the sand etc. I was at the ground at 11.30am yesterday and the pitch was in good nick. By about 12.45 it started to hold the water and that was that. There were 4 games on the Park today which shows how well the pitch does drain in normal conditions.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 pm

The term 'All- Weather' should mean what is says on the tin....but I think it really means all NORMAL weather conditions and our current run of storms since September has been 'freakish' to say the least....I don't think it refers to hurricanes, monsoons and tsunamis either....I think our fans have become used to being spoiled in terms of not having postponements and were gutted that the game was off ( but not as gutted as the Away Team obviously).....Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Boz1964 wrote:The term 'All- Weather' should mean what is says on the tin....but I think it really means all NORMAL weather conditions

It's not much help in fog...
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:07 am

Looking at the pic's on Twitter seems the water is holding on only one half of the pitch, it my be the angle of the photo not showing the theater end in true light, the fact that the lads were able to train on this half would suggests
it was not waterlogged??? I agree the amount of rain was abnormal and the fact it fell in such a short period of time perhaps did not allow the drainage to retain its flow!!!!!.
It would provided cause for concern if the water is only holding on one half of the pitch!!!! As it was when we had the original problem, looking at the patch on Sunday you would have to believe it was the amount of rain that caused the waterlogging and not a drainage.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:53 am

Agree with your comments DougG, exceptional rainfall was probably the cause!, but how did it only effect approx half the pitch?

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:13 am

The. Roman well is at the Dai miles end I believe perhaps it is their way in saying they are still in control of pp and fills it up from time to time.Anyone know if it is still there and not filled in but just capped Basketball

scamp

Back to top Go down

Waterlogged Pitches

Post  cliffyboy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:59 am

Both of tonights schedule league games Hungerford v Paulton and Redditch v Dunstable are off due to waterlogged pitches. A number of teams in this league will probably have to play 3/4 games a week come April if this rain does not relent soon.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 am

The home game with Chippenham will now be played on Tuesday 1st March.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum