Back to top Go down

Re: Biggleswade v MERTHYR

Post  scamp on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:57 am

Won 3-0. Brilliant

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:58 am

Ustic I suspect the boadband speed in Solihull is affected by stom Getude....Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  ngully on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 am

Great win well done boys.

ngully

Back to top Go down

Post  Taffia on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 am

rustic wrote:Come on Boz,have a wod with him.

Excellent esult - and comments! Thanks to all.
Taffia

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 am

Won 3-0, Great result, Clean sheet & 2 of the goals from our wide players. In Jenks we trust, totally vindicates his decision to allow KM to leave this week for regular football.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:04 am

KPT1950 wrote:Won 3-0, Great result, Clean sheet & 2 of the goals from our wide players. In Jenks we trust, totally vindicates his decision to allow KM to leave this week for regular football.

Great win agree ,the rest of the post I'm not going to bother with !!!!!!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 am

Another excellent away result following on from the 3-2 win at King's Lynn and sets us up for the two forthcoming home games.
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:20 am

Confidence is back, played well against Pool ,the ball is being played at speed which is what we are all about
Well done to all involved today .

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 am

Welcome win and well done all concerned.However I cannot see how Kerry Morgan's departure can be connected in any way as of late he was on the pitch for us very few times !!!

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thomas on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:30 am

Just trying to say we need to trust SJ, apologies if it's been misunderstood.

Paul Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:33 am

Soz - phone problems!
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:38 am

KPT1950 wrote:Just trying to say we need to trust SJ, apologies if it's been misunderstood.
No as ever stated we don't trust S J ,what was stated was a player of K M standard going because he's no playing regularly, so I don't understand where this trust issue came from !!!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:40 am

I think the vast majority of fans do..period.I also feel Kerry was a Merthyr boy and always gave his "ALL" for the team.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:53 am

Big statement vast majority!!! Have to disagree with that, I thank the vast majority have faith and huge trust in S J
we can all become touchline managers sometimes but our trust in in the man picking the side !!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 am

Doug if we don't trust a manager that has given us success in the last few years who do we trust?Oh and we are all human and as such can in our lives make mistakes.There again we do not know all the facts in these issues.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:34 am

How can you say you disagree with R.R's comment saying the vast majority back S.J.and then state you think the majority of fans back S.J.or did you mean you agree with him.Great win today well done everyone.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:35 am

nocturnalme wrote:Up to 15th as things stand :-)

And that's how it stands at the end of the game.

Next Saturday we welcome the league leaders to Penydarren Park for the second time in a row as Chippenham went to the top with Poole's game postponed.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:36 am

Sorry mate I miis read your post, agree majority do have trust !!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:05 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:Another excellent away result following on from the 3-2 win at King's Lynn and sets us up for the two forthcoming home games.

It's three if you count the Paulton game on Tuesday Wink

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:52 pm

cliffyboy wrote:
Merthyr Imp wrote:Another excellent away result following on from the 3-2 win at King's Lynn and sets us up for the two forthcoming home games.

It's three if you count the Paulton game on Tuesday

Well, let's hope the good result puts a few more on to the attendance for that game.

We've got match and ball sponsors which is unusual for a league cup game, so well done to Philip Jones, and the programme will only cost £1.50.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:04 am

It was a poor game on a poor pitch but 3 moments of quality from Merthyr ensured that the Martyrs returned home from Biggleswade with 3 points after a richly deserved win.

With Evans suspended Merthyr fielded the same team as last Saturday except for Bond replacing the injured Scotcher and the Martyrs got off to a great start with a goal in the 2nd minute. I missed the build up to it but I’m reliably informed that it was Davies who sent a long ball towards the edge of the Waders area. Jenkins, spotting that Malone was off his line sent in a looping header which Malone could only help into the net and Merthyr were I up much to the delight of the 70 odd Merthyr fans who had made the long trip. I don’t mean the fans are odd just that there were about 70 of them!

Virtually all of the first half was a really scrappy affair as both sets of players struggled on the wet, boggy, cloying surface making any attempts to play football almost impossible and most of the few attempts at goal were as a result of free kicks conceded near the final third. Biggleswade did have a shot on goal from such a kick when Marsh sent in an effort from about 20 yards which went all along the ground and Garner fielded it easily. Reffell was linking well with both McLaggon and Traylor and he broke towards the Waders goal and after a tackle by Iwediuno the ball broke to Traylor who got into the area but his shot was charged down by Hoyte and away for a corner which was taken short and Biggleswade cleared the ball easily. Both sets of defences were well on top as forwards were struggling to get even a sniff at goal however from a Traylor free kick which was sent low into the area only to be partially cleared to McLaggon who gave it to Wright who set up Bond for a shot on goal which was charged down but pushed back forward to Baggridge who was all on his own on the left hand side of the area and he brought a good save out of Malone but was flagged for offside anyway. Largely it looked as if only defensive errors would lead to further chances but neither side made any and the first half ended with Merthyr leading 1-0.

The second half continued in a similar vein to the first with defences still on top with neither set of attackers rarely able to make any headway although Traylor did manage to make progress down the right and got to the byline but his good low cross was missed by McLaggon and the Waders defence cleared.

Then after about 20 minutes of the second half came a goal which belied the conditions and more than made up for the dross of the previous hour or so. Traylor picked up the ball in the Merthyr half and set off on a run which saw him beat a couple of defenders easily and he got into the area and side footed a shot past the helpless Malone and Merthyr were 2 up and the game was safe. It was a rare moment of quality and the skill and tenacity of Traylor made it possible.

Biggleswade did try to get back into it but their attacks were easily thwarted and Merthyr could have increased their lead when from a Traylor corner, Jones headed the ball towards goal but Malone made a good save.

Merthyr made their first substitution of the game when Brown replaced Jenkins who had put in a good shift up and down the left flank. Then in the 85th minute, a misplaced pass by a Biggleswade defender fell to Traylor who sent it forward to Reffell who got into the area and went round a defender and slipped the ball past Malone to make the score 3-0 to the Martyrs. With a couple of minutes left, Bowen replaced Traylor. Merthyr were well on top and although Biggleswade did try to get a consolation they never really looked like doing so and Mr Feerick brought the game to an end with Merthyr winning 3-0.

It wasn’t much of a game as the playing conditions were not the best but Merthyr fought hard and ground out the victory thanks to the class of Traylor whose moment of magic lit up an otherwise disappointing match and for that alone deserved to be MOTM. Overall it was a gritty team performance and Biggleswade were second best throughout and Merthyr thoroughly deserved the win in front of a crowd with almost half supporting the Mighty Martyrs which is a great effort from all concerned.

The lucky green boots continue to have an effect and it’s now 5 games unbeaten, including 4 W’s and they will be in evidence again on Tuesday when we take on Paulton in the Red Insure Cup Quarter Final and with reduced entry fees on offer it is a game not to be missed.
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:30 am

Great report Ancient Peat, please keep the green boots polished and ready for Tuesday....Boz
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:32 am

Presume Kitman duties have been returned to their rightful owner...?
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:35 am

Solihull Martyr wrote:Presume Kitman duties have been returned to their rightful owner...?

Not as yet as our venerable colleague is still recovering from his operation but hopefully he'll be back soon. I managed to secrete my Dickyphone about my person and mumbled into it every now and then to help refresh my memory. Barry is refusing to wear my lucky boots so I may retain the role until the green magic wears off!
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum