Our temporary home

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our temporary home

Post  Loopymagz on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Just had a text telling me our "home" games will be at Cinderford. So lucky to have a friend who has twitter who can keep me informed.

Loopymagz

Back to top Go down

Re: Our temporary home

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:14 pm

It's on the Official Website:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/merthyrtown/news/martyrs-to-play-home-games-a-972730.html

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  hirwaunman on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Yes, and I'm lucky to have a computer on which I can access the club's website, which gave me the  information as soon as it was definite, exactly as the board had promised.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Three to three and a half hours by public transport from Merthyr (train to Gloucester, then bus from there).  But I expect there'll be a bus for supporters Taffs Well-style.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Risca Martyr on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:29 pm

How long is it going to be our "temporary home" cos unfortunately I won't be able to go to any games. I rely on my parents to watch my son for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon so I can go to games.

Risca Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Risca.Martyr wrote:How long is it going to be our "temporary home" cos unfortunately I won't be able to go to any games. I rely on my parents to watch my son for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon so I can go to games.

It says for the first 6 weeks of the season, but of course we don't yet know how many games that will mean.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:59 pm

The "Rumour" I heard is the work on 3G will start July 1st or 2nd , it's a 12 week job to be done proper so that will take us to Sept 21st let's hope we get plenty of away games early season!!

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  osama on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:44 am

Last season we had 8 home matches upto and including Spetember 22nd

3 - Friendlies
3 - Cup Ties
2 - League Matches

So if you don't count friendlies and depending on cup draws it may only mean playing 2 'home' games at Cinderford.

I appreciate that not everyone has access to a car but Google Maps says 47.5 miles @ 1 hour 12 minutes Merthyr to Cinderford. It takes me 20-25 minutes to walk up The Park from my house in Merthyr.

It's not the end of the world and well worth for the long term future of the club Very Happy

Last edited by osama on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

osama

Back to top Go down

Our temporary home

Post  CF48 MARTYR on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Loopymagz wrote:Just had a text telling me our "home" games will be at Cinderford. So lucky to have a friend who has twitter who can keep me informed.

Hi Magz

On the official club website all officials telephone contact numbers are listed, here is the link if you need it http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/merthyrtown/officials/

We are an approachable bunch (and I speak for everyone when I say this) if you have any queries or questions with regards to any aspect of your club you can contact anyone of us most of the time.

We will release official information as soon as its practically possible on these and all matters relating Merthyr Town FC via the usual streams.

Further to this a public meeting will be announced very shortly, I hope this will provide the platform to answer most queries, and allow us to give eveyone present a formal update on matters surrounding your club to eliminate hearsay & rumour that might be floating about.

We have progressed dramatically since the club reformed and these are very exciting time at Penydarren Park and with everybodys help, continued support and patience in some matters, the club will continue to grow for the long term & benefit of everyone within the local community.

UP THE TOWN..!!

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Sadly facts have no place on a forum such as this ...rumour speculation and hearsay are what sell programmes not CDs ....all real supporters will follow Merthyr whether they are in cinderford, taff's well abercwmscwt or on twitter....you're either a martyr or not....yes money , distance and other excuses will always be trotted out but there are solutions too in car pool , coach or trains planes and automobiles....even if it is a handful of games....the benefits of 3 g will be worth it to Merthyr town and the wider community....we should be grateful to our near neighbours for hosting us....and like arsene wenger....in the trust we trust...boz

Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Boz1964 wrote: ...rumour speculation and hearsay are what sell programmes ...boz

Perhaps I should start including more of that kind of content.

Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:54 pm

CF48 MARTYR wrote:
Loopymagz wrote:Just had a text telling me our "home" games will be at Cinderford. So lucky to have a friend who has twitter who can keep me informed.

Hi Magz

On the official club website all officials telephone contact numbers are listed, here is the link if you need it http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/merthyrtown/officials/

We are an approachable bunch (and I speak for everyone when I say this) if you have any queries or questions with regards to any aspect of your club you can contact anyone of us most of the time.

We will release official information as soon as its practically possible on these and all matters relating Merthyr Town FC via the usual streams.

Further to this a public meeting will be announced very shortly, I hope this will provide the platform to answer most queries, and allow us to give eveyone present a formal update on matters surrounding your club to eliminate hearsay & rumour that might be floating about.

We have progressed dramatically since the club reformed and these are very exciting time at Penydarren Park and with everybodys help, continued support and patience in some matters, the club will continue to grow for the long term & benefit of everyone within the local community.

UP THE TOWN..!!

The rumour regarding Cinderford was not eliminated! 

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Well imp perhaps you could .....but be wary of the defamation act 1952 ....and you can't even get away with it on twitter anymore....I personally don't have a reputation left to defame.....or any assets worth a garnishee..but perhaps a serialisation of one of my mad stories might help...but be warned I only have about 140 of them last count....boz

Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  ncfc on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

When Gateshead had problems with their home ground last season, they were allowed to reverse the home and away fixtures. So where they were scheduled to play at home, they just played the fixture away and then had the home game later in the season.

Perhaps this would be an option? Obviously will be out of the question for cup matches though.

ncfc

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:56 pm

ncfc wrote:When Gateshead had problems with their home ground last season, they were allowed to reverse the home and away fixtures. So where they were scheduled to play at home, they just played the fixture away and then had the home game later in the season.

Perhaps this would be an option? Obviously will be out of the question for cup matches though.

Unfortunately Southern League rules don't allow for this.  Maybe in Gateshead's case the problems arose mid season and not planned work as we have.  It would be an ideal solution and if I remember correctly, when they were promoted to the Premier League, Blackpool were allowed to play away games only for a month or so until the necessary improvements were made to Bloomfield Road.  As ever it's one rule for the rich!

Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum